My Friends Are Scary

Midoriya POV

Izuku watched the man, Shouta, in silence. 

Shouta seemed different from most people. Not that Izuku knew what most people were like.

But if he did, he was sure Shouta was nothing like them. 

The man looked as though he hadn't slept in days. His skin sunken in and dark outlines under both eyes. 

But more than his appearance, Izuku could not understand why he was so adamant about helping him. He'd been nothing but a nuisance since the moment he'd woken up, and yet, Shouta still seemed to have patience yet. 

He leaned back in the kitchen chair, swinging his legs idly as he watched Shouta cook. The smell of spices he couldn't identify floated in the air, accompanied by the occasional sound of something simmering. 

"I hope you like Udon," Shouta said, breaking the silence.

After his many escape attempts, they had come to a sort of agreement. Izuku corporates and listens to Shouta. in return, Shouta won't send him off to the allegedly terrifying principal of U.A. It seemed like a less than fair deal but Izuku wasn't taking his chances.

From the people he'd meet in the span of one day, Shouta seemed to be the most trustworthy.  Not that he was judging from a very large pool. So far they had weird nurses, boom boom boy, fire boy, crazy teeth, and demon bird.

Izuku answered his question with another question. 

"What am I gonna do tomorrow while you teach? Will I stay here alone?" He looked about the small kitchen in question. 

 It was brightly colored, almost is paradox compared to the teacher cooking in it. The walls were painted yellow, not the kind of yellow that resembled overdone children's cartoons or spilled paint. The soft kind of yellow that made you think of morning light and warmth. 

Shouta scoffed, yes scoffed, at his question.

Izuku crossed his arms.

"No- you will not be left alone here. You would somehow manage to get kidnapped or burn the house down in the first five minutes," Shouta chuckled.

Izuku scowled, trying to think of a way to defend himself. But it was true. In just one day he'd managed to lose all his memories, accidentally traumatize a nurse, and execute several failed escape plans. Honestly, he found himself agreeing with Shouta. 

He wondered if his past self had been just as destructive, or if this was a recent development. 

"I will be taking some time off. I'll help you get settled in and then when you feel ready, we will go to school together. Your classmates can be a little...enthusiastic. I don't want to overwhelm you right away."

Izuku couldn't argue with that. In truth, he didn't really want to meet them. The mere thought made his stomach twist in anxiety. Being in a room with one hero was daunting enough...he could hardly imagine a room full of them; or at least, heroes to be. 

Shouta set down a plate in front of him. It had way too much food piled up for just one person, almost spilling over the bowl. 

Izuku looked up to Shouta in question. 

"I read somewhere teenagers need more food. I wasn't sure how much you usually eat so-"

Izuku smiled at that. It was nice of him to try and look out for Izuku. Perhaps an undeserved niceness, but he was still grateful.

Thank you," Izuku said. Truly meaning his words. 

"No problem kid. Just tell me if you're still hungry after you finish that."