Emergency Meeting

Blue's PoV:

Emergency meetings have always been in place in every one of our missions. We had technically used them before, so it didn't come as much of a surprise to me.

Probably just Lime asking a stupid question again...

He'd done that a few times before when we were working at The Skeld. Sometimes about the EASIEST tasks, sometimes about a child he was looking after.
"How do I turn the scanner on?" "Hey, Green, Is Emerald allowed some chocolate?" "What time is Peach supposed to go to sleep?" "Does Lemon usually have a bedtime story?"

Yeah, he was probably asking Red something. I saw him walking towards cafeteria with Scarlet a while ago.

This had better be important... I was busy...

If all this wasn't bad enough, Lapis had decided that he was too old to be carried on my helmet, and wanted to walk everywhere. He was just too slow. Due to this, I was one of the last to enter the cafeteria, not first like I usually was.

"What's the matter?" I ask, dropping my hands to the table and looking from crewmate to crewmate. I stop to stare at Lime for a while, before seeing Yellow shaking uncontrollably, Purple trying to console her. Lemon was sat on the table, confused and scared.

"I..I.. saw... I found..." She stuttered our between shaky breaths.

Gosh this isn't a replay of the rat incident, is it?

Oh yeah. So, one time on The Skeld, Yellow found a dead rat when she was cleaning out the O2 filter. Yeah okay, it might have been a surprise because WHAT THE HELL IS A RAT DOING ON A SPACESHIP, yet her reaction was just over exaggerated and unnecessary. Not to mention a waste of time.

"Wait a second..." Brown piped up, and began counting under her breath. "9...10...11... ELEVEN"

"What?" I ask, doing my own head count. "Red, Orange, Yellow, Gr- where's Green?"

Me saying the name retriggered Yellow's distressed sobbing, and my heart skipped a beat, fearing for the worst.

"Medbay" she finally croaked.

"Lime, watch Lapis" I quietly order, hiding my fear as I race off towards Medbay without another word.