Another One Down

Pink's PoV:

It wasn't too long after I got Lime to look after my daughter that the lights went out.
Oh how extremely inconvenient...

Well, I'll go fix it, for the crew of course. Because I'm nice like that.

Right, straight to the office!
From the lab to decontamination, through the locker room, left, another left, and yet again, another left. Here we are.

"Alright, calm down everyone"
That sounds like Blue.

"It's okay Lemon, Indigo, Scarlet, Peach and Snow, it won't be dark for long!" A small voice declares, I gather that's Lapis.

"I'm not scared!" One of the kids protests, I'm almost definite it's Peach

"Well I am for sure!" Indigo squeaks

"I'll fix the lights!" I declare, stepping closer to the electrical box that controls the lighting systems.

A few seconds later, the lights flickered back on and we were once again able to see more than one foot ahead of us.

"Phew!" Yellow exclaims, very visibility relieved, "thanks so much, Pink"

"No problem at all" I beam, kinda loving being the centre of attention, I'm not going to lie.

Unfortunately, it doesn't last long. A scream comes from the room right across from us, I believe it's Admin? Yeah, yeah, definitely admin. And the person who that scream belonged to, I knew immediately- Orange.

Everyone exchanges nervous glances.
Racing in first, I see Orange by the admin table, breathing quite heavily, his eyes drawn to something on the ground.

Oh, this is great...

I step closer towards Orange, placing my hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down as I take a look.
As I had gathered from his reaction, another dead body - this time Brown.

Her bear ear headband had fallen onto the floor, now stained dark red with blood, her son sat on the floor, quivering in fear.
Time to raise the alarm again. Back to the cafeteria.

***

"Okay" Blue ordered, eyeing each of the remaining crew with suspicion, "this was not a one-off. So it's likely that whoever did these crimes will kill all of us". She was usually quite serious, but this was something else-
"So. This is the one chance for whoever did... that..." she mutters, pointing in the direction of admin, "to step forwards and to redeem themselves."

The crew remains silent.

Sighing, she says "Okay, fine. What do we know? Where were people?"

"Well," I begin, "we know that Cyan, Lime, and Black were the only people who didn't go to fix the lights"

"Good observation" Blue nods, making me smile. "So where were you three?"

"I-" Lime squeaks, but is interrupted by Cyan.

"I was in the reactor - I saw that you were in the laboratory, Pink, and I gather that you went to fix the lights. The doors to decontamination wouldn't open for ages, so I got stuck in there with Teal"

"Okay, that makes sense" Red agrees. "That's one of the many reasons why I don't like the reactor..." she mumbles the last part, looking down at her daughter to make sure that she was still there.

"But I never saw Cyan!" I point out, noticing out of the corner of my eye that Rose had ran to my side.

"What?! I was there!" Cyan insists, hugging Teal close to her.

"Well, she must be telling the truth, how else would she have known that you were in the lab?" Yellow points out.

Yeah, I guess, that's true...

"So, Lime then?" I ask, turning everyone's attention to the only childless crewmate in the room. "Where were you?" I have to focus really hard to prevent myself from smirking, even though they probably wouldn't be able to see it through the visor anyway.
Come on... once everyone accuses the loser, I'll have an actual decent crew... aside from the imposter... wait what? What am I talking about, Lime is the imposter surely- he must be!

"Well" he mumbles, only just audible, "I was in storage, doing wiring, then you came along and-"

"But Pink was in the laboratory!" Purple shouts

"No!" Lime disagrees, "well, maybe he was after, but before that he went into storage, he definitely saw me in there because he asked me to look after Rose!"

"Well that was a long time ago" I declare. That's the truth though... they HAVE to believe me now...

"So do we all think it was Lime?" Blue asks

Yes... yesss, this is it...

"IT CAN'T HAVE BEEN LIME SINCE I WAS WITH HIM!" Black blurts out

Hah, what?