One Last Imposter

Lime's PoV:

I knew that moment that I had to call an emergency meeting. Who cares what time it was any more? 'Normal' has been shattered.

Deciding not to disturb the children, I slip past and into the hallway, walking past the other bedrooms and up the stairs to cafeteria.
Surprisingly, Blue was already there, seemingly rageful, holding tightly onto two children.

"There's another imposter!" We simultaneously yell at each other.

"I got a message back from NASA" I gulp, "they only sent 10 people. Not 12. Two were imposters"

"And I know who it was" Blue mutters coldly

"So it was Orange, we were right all along?" I ask, somewhat hopefully.

"No, of course not!" She grumbles, and I could have sworn I heard her mutter "stupid idiot" under her breath, before hitting the large red emergency meeting button. Only then do I register who Blue is holding. "LIME!" Scarlet yells. Beside her is Coal.

"Uh... Blue, what are you doing?" I nervously murmur, "you're not going to hurt them, are you?"

She doesn't respond, as if I'd never said anything. "Blue??" I ask as the two children try to squirm out of Blue's strong grip.

Black turns up in under a minute, quite distracted, looking around and not really paying full attention to any of us. That was, until his gaze fell on Coal and Scarlet.
"Blue... what the heck..." he quietly mutters, his voice clearly showing his anxiety.

Blue finally explains herself. "Scarlet has got to go. We know her mother killed the rest of us."

"No!" Black protested, "haven't we had enough death lately? I'm done with that, sick of it. It was bad enough our own crewmates, but the children? Innocent children?"

Blue scoffs loudly. "You... you're one to talk! Murderer-"

"Uhh... explain?" I squeak, not liking how pinched my voice sounded. Why can't I remain calm for all of five seconds?

"Our little friend here" Blue snarled, shaking Coal "just so happened to be crawling through the vent systems. Perhaps-"

"Hey!" Black interrupted, exploding in rage, "1- get the HELL away from my son, the same goes for Scarlet, 2- perhaps he was just helping his friend that you frightened into hiding"

"As I was saying..." she continued, completely ignoring Black's outburst, "perhaps Black would like to tell us what tasks he has today"

"I..." he stutters, "wires... yeah, wires... and, uh, stuff in... reactor.... and divert power?"

"Where to?" Blue snaps, unsatisfied with his answer.

"To... comms? And I, um, also need to do the... keys... in the dropship"

"Black..." I murmur fearfully, stepping back from the table. "No... no you didn't.... you can't have... you... you're a crewmate, aren't you?"

I'm dreading the answer. He's dreading answering the question. Whereas Blue is clearly looking forwards to tossing three more bodies over the edge of the balcony.