Ejection

Lime's PoV:

Uh, okay. Everyone is watching me. No pressure or anything.

Even the few people who were still not fully woken up before were completely alert now, paying full attention to me.

"What?" Orange gasps, clearly offended and in shock. He was just pretending... right?

"I... I have a reason to believe it was Orange because I th-think he was with Pink last night"

Murmurs fill the room
"Please explain yourself" Blue asks, and I believe she's speaking for everyone here.

"Well," I murmur, twiddling my fingers together as a way of distracting myself, "at dinner, Pink asked me to watch Rose for the night. After, Orange asked me to look after Peach"

"But that's not anything uncommon!" Purple protests, "I hate to break it to you, but childcare is ALL YOU ARE GOOD FOR!"

I flinch and step back from the table.
"Lime" Emerald whispers, tugging on my sleeve, "don't listen to him"

"Purple shut up" Rose snaps, scrambling to stand up on the table. "Lime might have evidence, hear what he has to say. I want to find out who killed my father, and bring them to justice!"

"Okay, uh, so, after, I was talking to Orange, and he said he was meeting someone..." I say, thinking back to the previous night. "I may have had the 'motive', but did I have the time? Whilst taking care of three children? But Orange did" I shakily inhale as I look around for the crew's reaction.

"Well, that kinda makes sense." Yellow agrees.

"But-" Orange squeaks, "I never would have - I, I was asleep!"

"I don't think it was Orange" Red states, looking across the table to the one under suspicion, "he wouldn't have, because he... he, uh"

"What?" White interrogates

"He couldn't have killed Pink because they..." Red murmurs, shaking her head. "Never mind"

Blue is clearly fed up of everyone being so cryptic, demanding "wHaT?!"

Red looked over at Orange for help, and he let out a frustrated sigh, before muttering "just say it. It doesn't matter anyway"

"Pink and Orange liked each other so it couldn't have been him" Red finally says, looking extremely impressed with herself. Orange blushes hard and stares straight down at the floor, avoiding eye contact, Peach looked like she was trying to cheer him up, like the caring little bean she was.

Blue, on the other hand, did not look impressed in the slightest. "We wait and this is what you come up with?! Ridiculous. Even IF it's true, it doesn't help our case."

"Well, I think Red's point is very valid" Yellow quietly declared, glancing over at Purple. Oh- I didn't mention did I? They're the only couple in our group. Indigo and Lemon are sisters.

"I think it was Orange" Black contributes. "Lime doesn't have the guts to kill anyone"

Ouch... well if Black is insulting me, at least everything's back to normal.

"Okay" Cyan nods. "True. I thought Orange was sus anyway, he does his tasks impossibly quick, he must be faking."

"So," Blue confirms, "do we all agree?"

'Yes' and 'no' could be heard from amongst the crew, so we decided to put it up to a vote.

Red, Orange and Purple voted me
Blue, Cyan, Black and I voted for Orange
Yellow and White voted for skip