Final Plan

Lime's PoV:

"LIME!" Lapis calls, "can we ask you something?"

"Yup, anything" I smile, turning around to face the nine children that had appeared behind me

"Can you look after us?" Chocolate asks, sprinting up to me and hugging my leg tightly.

"After, we mean" Emerald adds, "as in, when we get back to Earth."

Ah. I would love to, more than anything, but the world isn't easy. Besides, don't a few of the children still have other family that would look after them?

"I... I'm not too sure how that works." I admit, bending down to hug Chocolate.

"I still have my mum..." Lapis murmurs, much quieter than usual. I gather he was nervous because his mother was still recovering; nothing was certain any more.

"What about everyone else?" I ask, glancing about the other children.

Teal is the only one to answer. "I have a father still, back on Earth"

"Lucky you" Emerald sighs. "As well as Lapis and Coal, all of you still have someone."

"Okay..." I pause to think for a while. "Well, we'll see what happens when we get back, but I'd love to look after you all"

"YAY!" Indigo exclaims, "we get to all stay together!"

"Awesome!" Peach agrees, "it would totally suck if we never saw each other again"

I hate being the bearer of bad news, yet I would like giving them false hope even less... so I have to remind them that we don't know that's going to happen......
"But nothing is for certain, okay?"

"Okay" Lemon nods.

"That seems fair" Rose adds.

My mind begins to wonder to the two other children.... well, Coal has his father, but Scarlet?

Clearly, I'm not the only person who still was worried about the imposter children. "What about Scarlet?" Peach asks.

Both of them had lost their parents to ejection... so I understand why Peach is especially concerned for her.

"Well..." I murmur, before I quickly run into another problem.

NASA knows that there were two imposters. But what will they do to Black if they find out it was him? And the kids... will they be safe?

"Did any of you see Black on the way here?" I ask, but unfortunately, all of the children shake their heads.
"Okaaay" I fiddle with my ID card as I think. "Who likes to play 'hide and seek'?"

Black's PoV:

After giving Lime the clean suit, a pep talk, and a tip on the admin task, I leave the room.

Now it's time to find the children again... did they say there were going to the launchpad?
Yeah, I'll try there first.

It wasn't long before I heard giggles coming from nearby, it was definitely them.

"I'm the fastest!!"

"Yeah, you win"

"Yay!"

Just as I turn the corner, I hear the creak of a vent opening and shutting. The room is empty.