Wasn't Our Fault

Lime's PoV:

Eventually, after at least a good 20 minutes, and I have no idea how, but... we did it.

Blue was unconscious, but breathing. The bleeding seemed to have stopped, Lapis had fallen asleep in the chair in the corner of the room, Coal and Scarlet were in the opposite corner, talking to Black.

Trust me when I say that the whole experience had been extremely stressful; both physically and mentally draining. I needed to go somewhere else to calm down a bit.

Wiping my forehead with the back of my hand, I leave medbay and head straight for the bathrooms, which were located near the bedrooms. Therefore, I had to walk literally all the way through the HQ, and through the cafeteria where the rest of the children had congregated by themselves.

"Lime!" Chocolate yelled, racing up to me with a panicked expression on his face, "what's that blood from? Are you okay? Please don't die!"

"Lapis went to search HQ for the adults" Emerald explains, "he didn't come back." He slowly backed away from me, his voice wavering as he asked "th-that's not your
bl-blood, is it...?"

"No!" I exclaim, "it's not like that. You know I'd never kill, don't you?"

Emerald thinks for a second and sighs, "Yeah, you're right. Sooo... who got hurt?"

Peach gasped, and I saw the rest of the children  begin a hushed and panicked conversation, glancing and pointing over at me.

"Everyone," I explain, "This is Blue's blood, she got hurt - but it was an accident. We're all safe now, okay? Lapis is with his mother and Black in medbay, can I trust you all to stay here and behave for a moment?"

I'm met with a chorus of 'yeah' and nods, so sigh in relief before continuing down the stairs and into the bathroom. I groan in frustration and disgust as I notice the bloody handprint I accidentally left on the bathroom door handle. Guess I'll have to clean that up in a second.

Heading straight for the sink, I turn the water on and begin trying to wash the blood out of my suit.
This isn't working... it's still bright red... I don't think it's gonna..... I begin hyperventilating because no matter how hard I scrubbed it, I just can't get rid of the blood... this is one tough stain...

Yeah, I know we weren't exactly supposed to, but...

I fumble to unzip the spacesuit, revealing the plain white T-shirt and jeans I was wearing underneath. Leaving the Lime (and newly crimson) suit in a heap on the floor, I begin frantically scrubbing at my hands and arms that had also been painted in red.

Just the thought of being covered in blood... especially someone else's blood......
It was horrific, but actually seeing it, the huge quantity of it, oh, and the stench... I really don't like the metallic smell of blood... as you may be able to imagine, it was more than enough to make me feel violently ill, and proceed to throw up all over the bathroom floor.

"Hey, you did great back in there" a voice calls from behind me. I didn't need to turn around to know that it was Black.
"Hey... you don't look so good..." he mumbles, walking over and gently placing his hand on my shoulder. His hands were, surprisingly, completely clean. How did he manage to not get them covered in blood?