Bullets

Coal's PoV:

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" I screeched, leaping over to the extremely shocked Teal, before ripping the weapon out of her trembling hand and roughly shoving her away from Scarlet.
"A-Are you okay?" I mumble, "wait no, that's a stupid question...... I-It's going to be alright, you can't die..."

"Coal" She weakly mumbles, snapping me out of my panic. I could tell that she was about to say something else, but she didn't seem to have the strength to.

The rest of the children began waking up at this point. Making my way to the door, I shoved the gun at Emerald as I marched past him, ordering "don't let anyone else touch it. Oh, and keep Teal away from the others"

My feet pound against the metal floor, as I raced to my father's room, hammering at the door, yelling for my dad.

The door quickly opens, yet I just can't form any words. Seeing my panicked state, my father anxiously follows me to the room.
"What happened?"

"Sh..she shot.... S-Scarlet..." I sob, pointing an accusatory finger at Teal, who had backed away into the corner, Emerald not taking his eyes off her for a second.

Standing there, I wished there was more I could do than just watch Black carefully lifting Scarlet up, rushing out of the room, calling "someone get Lime. And explain what the hell just happened"

"What did just happen?" Lapis interrogates after my father left the room

I glare at Teal, partly ignoring Lapis's question. "You... you just couldn't forgive, could you?"

"She... I thought she was going to kill me!" The girl protests, tears glistening in her eyes

"Just like Blue." I scoff "Remember how she ended up?"

"Okay, okay ENOUGH!" Lapis snaps, probably not too happy about the reference to his mother. "Teal; I understand your fear... but how you reacted was unacceptable. You can't hurt people just because you're scared... You need help."

"Teal shot Scarlet?" Chocolate whimpers, backing away from Teal and bumping into Rose, who gently pushes him away.

"It's okay, we're all safe" I declare... as long as SHE doesn't have a weapon...

"Everyone says that!" Chocolate complains, "Lime said no more dying! Now one of us is hurt!"

"I-It's okay, I'll keep you safe" Lapis assures, "I'll make sure ALL of us are safe"

"I'm still scared!" Indigo exclaims, and her sister protectively wraps an arm around her shoulder.

"Uh... what do I do with this now?" Emerald mutters, pointing to the gun he was holding.

Just as I reach out to take it, Lapis stops me. "I know you're probably angry right now... I'll hold it"

"Okay..." I mumble, "just put the safety on it!"

Lapis nods in agreement, before fiddling around with the gun for a while. Clearly, he's never handled a gun before, but he didn't want to admit that he had no clue what he was doing.

"Is anyone going to get Lime?" Peach asks, and we all glance about at each other.

"I'll go" Rose reluctantly offers, heading out of the room.

"What do we do with her?" I ask, glaring at Teal. Lapis turns to me, sighing.

"We'll do what the adults say."