Orange

Orange's PoV:

Phew, an early dinner... that's good, Peach is starving, and had been complaining about it for ages.

"Just a few more tasks" I had told her earlier.

"Tasks are boring" she complained to me, "blood is more fun"

"Don't say things like that" I'd warned her

Yeah, that's when people started crowding around the office, time to pretend I know how to fix the lights

Luckily Pink stepped up.

After that had happened, another body was reported... now that's two, if the killing keeps up at this speed, the crew won't last long at all.

After that it was just a blur, and as a result, (back to the present) we're going to have an early dinner.
Okay, that means we probably have what? An hour until we eat? Yeah, sounds about right.

Lime is the first to move, sitting in the corner like he always does. Most of the crew stay in the cafeteria as it's free time, lots of the children, including my daughter, form a circle on the floor, talking about random kid stuff. and that's when I noticed Pink just stood there.

"Heh, Brown's kid gave you a good punch" I chuckle

Pink casually replies with "Nothing's hurt"

"Aside from your ego" I joke, and he laughs, before admitting

"Yeah I guess"

Uh, he really agreed with that? Okaaay-

He asks, "So are you alright?", tearing me from my thoughts

"Oh...uh," I reply, before realising what he'd meant, "sure I guess, just the initial shock"

"Not everyday you walk into a room with a dead body" he murmurs.

It's odd. Most of the crew (even through they're friends with him anyway) say he's a real jerk, but he seems alright.

"Orange?" He asks, again drawing me back to reality

Nervously laughing, I respond "Uh, sorry, I was somewhere else..."

"I asked if you wanted to eat with me?" He asked, in a bit of a hopeful tone, leaning his back against the wall to try and look more casual.

"I mean... sure?" I ask more than answer, like, it wasn't that important? Did he really need to ask? Usually he just sits wherever the heck he feels like it.

After a while longer of talking about random things and tasks and other general stuff, it's time to eat.

For some reason, he seemed a little nervous taking off his helmet, which is not like him at all, so therefore made me watch him just out of curiosity and confusion, making him more nervous, just creating an endless cycle of confusion and nervousness.

Eventually he removes it and places it on the table next to his plate like I had done with my helmet, and I notice that his face is almost the same colour as his suit.

"Why's your face so pink, Pink?"

"Well, it's rather hot in here, isn't it?" He quickly responds. Too quickly.

"Uh, it's actually pretty cold" I point out, "you're shivering".

"Oh, so I am" he replies, as if he'd only just noticed. "Well that's strange, because I actually feel hot, not cold."

I think hard for a moment or two, trying to make sense of it. As he picks up his fork, his hand brushes against mine, and I involuntary let out a weird squeak sound, even though we didn't technically touch because of the gloves that were part of our spacesuits.

Pink smirks. "Now your face is pink, Orange"

"I-Is it?" I ask, panicking on the inside as I frantically reach for my helmet to hide my face again.

"Aww" Red sniggers as she walks past with her own plate of food. "Hey, Pink, I thought you were the tough guy"

He quickly reattaches his helmet, and I thought we were in the clear until Red shoved me in the back before running off, making me lurch forwards and my helmet crashes into Pink's with a BONK.

Heh... what was that for?

"Uh," I mumble, shifting over in my seat so I was further away from Pink again.

"What the heck?!" He mutters angrily under his breath, glaring in the direction Red had run off in.

"I'm... not hungry any more..." I lie, pushing the plate across the table so it was further away from me. Any excuse to keep my helmet on, as long as Red doesn't do that again...

"You haven't even touched any of it yet" Pink points out.

"Yeah, I just don't want any" I mumble

But of course, right on cue, my stomach rumbles.

Pink moves my plate back in front of me. "You're hungry, you need to eat. Not to mention your sleep schedule." 

That shocks me a lot. HE KNOWS WHEN I SLEEP?! "Wait- what do you mean?"

Pink laughs before replying "Uh, do you have a clue how many times I've heard or seen you walking around the ship late at night? You don't need to practice tasks 24/7, however what you do need is rest"

After a second of my stunned silence, he stands up and whispers "We can talk alone later - so Red or anyone else doesn't bother us. My room, 11:00" before walking away with his plate of food.

HOLY MACARONI OKAY- totally not panicking right now...