~the daughter of a riddle (2)~

DRACO'S POV

The train journey to Hogwarts was extremely tiring. Moon and I slept most of the way there. I'd gotten off the train, and she told me she'd just needed to sort something out, so I waited for her.

When she came back out she was flustered and looked angry. "What's up?" I asked her. "Fucking Potter."

On the walk to the carriages, she'd told me all about how Harry was spying on us for information. That freak. It's fine though , she hexed him and kicked his face.

Less then I'll give him when I see him again.

The sorting was tiring. The meal was tiring. Even walking down to the dungeons and sitting down on the common room sofa was tiring.

"How are we going to do this Draco?" I heard Moon whisper from the sofa opposite me.

I looked over to her and she was facing the fire. I furrowed my brows, suddenly feeling protective. I knew this was shit, and it would be very strange for us to not be scared, but I didn't like seeing her like that.

"Hey." I whispered back. I was laid down, so I sat up and leant forwards slightly, placing my elbows on my knees.

She didn't turn her head to look at me.

"Moon?" I questioned, in a soft voice.

When her head didn't turn from the fire again, I knew it was bad.

"Okay." I mumbled as I stood up, and walked over to her. I bent down and picked her small frame up in my hands and sat down, with her on my lap.

She buried her head into my neck, and rested her arms on my chest and behind my head. The rest of her body just laid.

Usually when she'd lay into my arms, she'd at least hold herself upright, but now it was like she had just collapsed in my arms.

"You're struggling a lot more than me aren't you?" I asked her, voice remaining soft.

"It wouldn't be fair of me to say that Draco." I only just heard her mutter into my chest.

"Of course it woul-"

"Draco, stop. I'm his daughter, you're doing his missions. We're both struggling."

"We have each other."

Silence.

"Yeah." She whispered after a few moments.

"Moon?" I questioned.

"Yes."

"We have each other." I confirmed.

Silence... Again...

I was so confused. We were the best of friends, and if we weren't that, we're more. I sat up straight and held her head backwards slightly and stroked the loose strands of hair from her face.

"Have i done something wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head slightly.

"You can tell me if I have. I've been off with everyone at the minute and just haven't realised."

"You haven't."

"Then what's up? Don't u believe you can trust me?"

"No no it's not that. I'm just worried trusting you will get you into trouble." She began crying softly into my chest, leaving a wet patch on my shirt.

In the whole 6 years of us being friends, I'd only ever seen her cry once, and it was heartbreaking. This time was just as bad.

I know, under this circumstance, not to mollycoddle her, and instead, stroked her hair and held her tighter to me.