~🔞valentine's day~

[ ⚠️ contains smut, not suitable for younger ages, if you don't like this stuff then you can skip straight ahead :) ]

First Year:

Y/N walked down the busy corridors of Hogwarts early one Sunday morning, heading to the Great Hall for breakfast.

She clutched a book against her chest as she entered the large room with a few of her friends; internally sighing at the delicious smell of all the different foods at each table.

The Great Hall was decorated a great deal with it being Valentine's Day; pink and red bunting hovering over the tables, as well as different coloured heart shaped balloons around the room.

On the table, in between the plates of food, and were vases with an assortment of different shades of red roses in. Y/N's favourite flower.

Her and her friends took a seat at their House's table, and she began piling some heart shaped cut outs of fruit into a bowl.

They began to eat their breakfast, chattering about anything and everything.

"I can't wait to be able to go to Hogsmeade," Y/N's best friend spoke, admiring all the older students preparing to leave for Hogsmeade. "It must be so exciting."

Y/N nodded her head in agreement, then shortly after the owls came in with the post.

They hustled around, finding the correct student to give their mail to, and Y/N's owl landed directly in front of her with what looked to be a note.

It was a simple piece of parchment folded in half, and Y/N read aloud to her friends as she opened it.

"Dear Y/N, Happy Valentines Day. I hope you have an excellent day. You deserve it. You've been working so hard in lessons."

"Awh that's so cute." Her friend interrupted.

"I just wanted you to know how beautiful you are. I admire your beautiful eyes, and soft skin. Your hair always smells nice, and you're always so much fun to talk to. I'm so glad we get on so well, and I hope our friendship never evaporates. Don't you? Sending my love, ?"

"Wait, who's it from?"

"It doesn't say." Y/N was confused at her mystery Valentine. "It just has a question mark."

Her friends laughed.

"Probably Neville. You know what he's like."

Y/N's smiled, recalling how overly nice Neville always is to her.

But something in the back of her mind was telling her it wasn't Neville.

'I hope our friendship never evaporates'

So it's someone she's close with. A friend. Course Neville is a friend, but they're not close close. It must be someone closer to home.

Strange. Cute, but strange.

Second Year:

Today has been such an awful day.

Everyone around me has been so happy with it being Valentines Day, but I've just been an usually mopey version of myself.

All I've seeing is everyone around me celebrating with each other, and people admitting their feelings for another.

All the while, my feelings have to stay in my head because I cannot tell her my true feelings.

I'm sat in my dorm at my desk looking down at the empty parchment sheet in front of me.

"I can't write to her again. Surely not." I said to myself.