[12] - 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥...

THE CITY HAD to come down one way or another. Steve and Natasha stood beside each other, looking at the sky ahead of them. The Avengers had to find a way to get every civilian still on the rock to safety, it didn't matter if the heroes died trying.

"Besides, where else am I going to get a view like this?" Natasha remarked.

Suddenly, Nick Fury's voice came through the radio. "Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better."

A Hellicarrier began to rise, flying near the floating city. Civilians look on and marvel at the sight. Pietro and Wanda looked at it in awe themselves.

"Nice, right? Pulled her out of mothballs with a couple old friends." Nick Fury spoke from the main staging area of the carrier. "She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve replied gleefully.

"Ooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

The carrier deployed lifeboat aircrafts from the side of the ship. They began flying towards the edge of the floating city.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" Pietro asked.

Y/N looked up at the carrier and it's lifeboats, he never thought he'd see one again after the Triskelion incident in D.C. "This is what S.H.I.E.L.D is supposed to be."

Pietro chuckled, "This is not so bad."

"Let's load them up." Steve commanded the team.

Everything was coming together. The Avengers helped civilians get into the lifeboats. Rhodey arrived as War Machine and assisted Tony in keeping Ultron's robots away from the Hellicarrier.

Meanwhile, Thor was battling Ultron at the Doomsday Trigger. Ultron punched the Asgardian and grabbed him by the neck. "You think you're saving anyone?"

Thor struggled in his grasp.

"I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that." The homicidal robot threatened.

"I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast..." Thor continued to stall while being held by Ultron, "I am running out of things to say! Are you ready?"

Ultron looked back in confusion, only to be met with a hit by Vision with Mjölnir. Ultron went flying back though the wall and into a parked bus nearby. Vision handed Thor his hammer.

"It's terribly well-balanced." Vision remarked.

"Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so..."

Suddenly, robots began to arrive at the church. Thor and Vision fought them off, and it wasn't long until Pietro arrived to assist. Moments later, Steve and Y/N showed up as well, with Clint and Wanda not long after.

Tony dropped down, meeting up with the rest of the team.

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini'." Tony spoke into his comms.

"Relax, shellhead. Not all of us can fly." Natasha replied, driving a truck towards the church. She got out of it and walked towards Tony.

"What's the drill?"

"This is the drill." Tony pointed at the Trigger. "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

"No pressure." Y/N chimed in as he loaded his rifle.

Hulk arrived and landed on two robots, crushing them. He roared and got into the church. Not long after, Ultron came back and floated above.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor shouted.

Ultron raised his arm, summoning more robots that sprinted towards the church. Steve panted, "You had to ask."

"This is the best I can do." Ultron boasted. "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How can you possibly hope to stop me?

"Well, like the old man said..." Tony looked at Steve, who gave a nod.

"Together."

Hulk let out a roar as the robots began running towards the church. The Avengers began fighting off sentries.

Thor swung his hammer, Cap threw his shield, Tony shot from his gauntlets, Wanda used her magic, Clint shot from his bow, Natasha wielded her batons and Pietro used his speed. Y/N fired his rifle, Vision used his enhanced strength, and Hulk pummeled the robots.

The Avengers worked together in harmony, keeping the robots from the Doomsday Trigger

The Avengers worked together in harmony, keeping the robots from the Doomsday Trigger. They weren't going to let Ultron win.

The mad robot didn't like seeing that, and flew in to finish the job himself. Vision stopped him and they began fighting. Vision ultimately used a beam from the Mind Stone to blast him away.

Tony and Thor joined in, with the Asgardian shooting lightning at Ultron and Tony shooting beams from his repulsors. The trio's combined attack started melting Ultron's vibranium armor, and he got onto his knees. The three Avengers stopped.

Ultron slowly got up, his body sparking and mangled. "You know, with the benefit of hindsight—"

Hulk immediately uppercutted Ultron and sent him flying back miles away. Ultron's robots saw their master defeated, and began to flee.

Many of the robots tried to fly away and leave the city, but Rhodey and Vision took it upon themselves to take down any fleeing sentries.

"We got to move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin." Steve spoke to the team. "You guys get to the boats. I'll sweep for stragglers. Be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Y/N asked.

"I'll protect it." Wanda said, standing by the Trigger.

Y/N looked at Wanda, who looked back to reply, "It's my job." 

Y/N gave a nod and looked back at Clint and Natasha. "Nat. Clint. This way."