Chapter 2

Thanks for coming back.

If you enjoy my story please remember to vote!

DARCIE

2 Years earlier

I was so nervous as I watch my boyfriend Niall walk on to the stage.

"Hi Dublin." I heard him say. All I could hear after that was the squeals from the girls in the audience.

After introducing himself he began singing So Sick by Ne-Yo.

I could tell he was nervous and it wasn't his best performance, I knew he would be disappointed with himself.

Once Simon Cowell cut the music, I closed my eyes and crossed my fingers. I felt Niall's mum Maura grab hold of my hand, I opened my eyes and looked at her nervously as we waited to hear what the judges had to say.

The judges had started speaking, I listened as Katy Perry told him that he was adorable and then said that maybe he should work on it a little bit. My heart broke for him a little as I knew how much he loved Katy Perry.

Simon had said that he was unprepared and that the song was wrong, that he wasn't as good as he thought he was, and then he added that he still liked him.

Cheryl Cole was next and told him that the song was too big for him.

Then it was Louis turn, He said that he thought that he had something, and that people will like him because he was likeable.

It was the moment of truth; the judges were asked if he was through. Simon said yes, Cheryl said no, Louis jumped ahead of Katy and said yes.

Then it was left to Katy Perry, she said she agreed with Cheryl that he needed more experience, she told him that he had a seed of talent, then she said of course you are in. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I had been holding. Niall jumped up and down excitedly, as he turned to leave the stage Katy said 'Don't let us down.'

Niall ran off stage and came straight over to Maura and I. He wrapped his arms around us and jumped up and down again, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face. After a long day he was through to boot camp. We couldn't get a word in on the hour trip home. I was so proud of him for following his dreams.

I had moved to Mullingar from Australia when I was 10. My mum's mum was from Mullingar and when she got sick; she had no one here to take care of her.

So mum and I packed up our lives in Australia and moved to Ireland. My Grandmother lived next door to Niall and his dad. We had hit it off straight away and soon we became inseparable.

Then when we were 14, we were dared to kiss at a party, after that night, we began dating. We had now been together for 2 years. I reached over and held his hand; He stopped talking for a moment and turned to smile at me. His beautiful blue eyes shone as his smile reached his eyes.

"Thank you for believing in me," He whispered. I reached up and ran my hands through his blonde hair.

"That's what I am here for silly."

NIALL

Present Day

I climbed out of the car behind Harry; I could already hear the screams from inside the shopping centre.

I smiled as I thought about the poor staff who probably had no idea what they had gotten themselves into with the craziness that were our fans.

I stood to the side as I braced myself for the mayhem that we were about to enter into. Our manager, Paul was talking to two people at the door.

I caught a glimpse of one of the people it was a woman's arm. As soon as I saw it I felt a tingle run down my spine. Strange I thought, only one person had ever made me feel like that, and last time I had checked she was on the other side of the world.

I closed my eyes briefly as I tried to get the image of the girl that's touch set me on fire out of my head.

When I opened my eyes Paul was walking back towards us and the woman and the other person he was talking to had turned to walk away. Just before the woman had completely turned away she looked my way.

I froze, the girl that I had been trying to shut out of my mind was standing 5 metres away from me. She quickly turned back and went and stood at the door.

Paul began giving us instruction but I never heard a word of what he was saying. I just stared at the woman who stolen my heart then stomped all over it.

2 years earlier

We had a few weeks together before I was due to fly out to London for boot camp.

I spent as much time as I possibly could with Darcie before I had to leave. The night before I was due to leave, we had begged our parents to let Darcie say over.

I hated the thought of being away from her for any period of time, so I wanted to spend the last 24 hours with her in my arms.

We watched movies most of the day, we talked a little bit but not about me leaving. I think we both knew it was too painful to speak about because since we had gotten together we had never spent longer then a night or two apart. But as the credits began rolling as the last movie finished, I heard Darcie give a little sniff. I laid my hand gently on her head then leaned in and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I am going to miss you so much Ni," She whispered.

"I am going to miss you Darc," I whispered back to her.

I took my hand and placed it on her hip and turned her towards me, I wrapped her in my arms as she started to cry.

"I am so sorry, I should be so happy for you, I am so happy for you. You are about to make your dreams come true, and I will soon be the girl that you dated before you got famous," she said with a fake laugh.

I laughed at her. "Darling I still have to get through boot camp. I might not make it and I will be back to annoy you in a week's time."

I had heard some of the other contestants that had auditioned and got through, I was up against some tough competition. It was my dream but over the last few weeks since auditioning I kept thinking about Katy Perry telling me that I needed more experience.

"You will get through; you have the most amazing voice."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," I said "I just want to hold you close to me for the next few hours."

Darcie smiled at me and leaned in and softly touched her lips to mine. After 2 years of dating, she still made a tingle run down my spine just by being in the same room as me.

She pulled back and stared into my eyes for a couple of moments then she whispered something that I, being a teenage boy had been waiting for her to say.

"Niall, I want you to make love to me."

I looked at her for a moment, "Are you sure?"

She nodded as she grabbed the back of my head and pulled me towards her.

Thank you for reading my story!!

Please vote xxoo