Chapter 8

LOUIS

I ran out the door and saw Darcie still waiting for the elevator. She was jumping around obviously hoping that it would hurry up before Niall came out.

I ran to the elevator just as the doors opened. Darcie stepped inside, she saw me running towards her, she quickly tried to get them to close, but I managed to stick my foot in between the doors. They sprung back open. I got inside and then the doors closed.

I looked at Darcie. She was trying to ignore me. I reached over and put my hand on her shoulder but she shrugged it off. We reached the lobby and as soon as the doors open she took off. What was going on with this girl, an hour ago she seemed keen to be here and now she couldn't get out of there quick enough.

"Darcie, please. He isn't coming; I will give you a lift home," I called out as I chased her down around the lobby. She slowed down and then stopped.

She turned to face me, I could see her eyes brimming with tears. I grabbed a hold of her and pulled her towards me wrapping my arms around her. I signalled to the concierge to get our car. I led her over to a lounge and we sat down.

"What is going on Darcie?"

She put her hands over her face. "I can't tell you. Please can you not do this right now?" I heard her say softly.

"I just watched one of my best friends organise this beautiful evening for you, talked us in to giving you a private concert, which we very rarely do. Then after he sings to you, you run out and leave him devastated. I think you owe him at least an explanation about why you keep leaving him."

"If I thought that an explanation would help I would talk to him, but the reason why I left is none of your business. I would appreciate it if you and Niall and the rest of the boys would just let me get on with the rest of my life," Darcie said angrily.

I saw the concierge signal to me that the car was there. "Come on the car is ready." I stood up and waited for her to as well.

"I don't need you to take me home," She said gritting her teeth.

I raised my eyebrows, "Well I am not letting you leave until you tell me what is going on so you can either tell me what is going on in the middle of this busy lobby where fans or paparazzi can come up to us at anytime or we can talk in the car and at your house, away from everybody."

She stood up and headed over to the car without speaking, I could tell that she was pissed off but I had to know what was going on. I saw Liam get off the elevator and head towards me.

"Everything ok?"

"Something's up and I am going to find out what, I will drop her home and see if I can get her to talk. She is pretty mad at me for not letting her go," I said not taking my eyes off her just in case she decided to try and run.

"Alright, do you want me to come with you?" Liam asked.

Still looking in Darcie's direction I shook my head. "I think I will be right. I won't be long. How's Niall?"

"We went up there but he has locked himself his room. He won't let us in. He said he would only come out when you get back." I could see that Liam was worried, we had never really been in this kind of situation with Niall and it was hard to know what he would do.

"Ok I will get going then, keep me updated if he comes out."

Liam nodded and turned to wait for the elevator.

I headed to the car, Darcie was just climbing into the passenger seat. I climbed in beside her.

She was silent as we pulled out.