29 - legally bound

Keira

Oh how the tables have turned. I remained seated at the dining table, and turned in my chair to face this psycho on a mission. I internally scold myself for the seductive thoughts that seep in while he's shaking with rage, he was unintentionally flexing all his muscles. His jacket and sweatshirt were missing, leaving only his tight black t shirt stretching over him. His knuckles were white, and he was grasping a manila folder in a death grip. I had a bad feeling about that folder. 

"You fucking lied to me." He seethed from across the room. Refusing to come closer.

My eyes widened as I went over every lie I've told him so far, wondering which one was coming back to bite me in the ass, and how hard. I wasn't usually dishonest, but some things about my past were deep twisted secrets I never planned on revealing to anyone, let alone Tommy Knox. I struggled to find a way to weed out which lie he could be referring to. Whatever it was, he was clearly not taking it very well. 

"What's in the folder, Tommy?" I murmured cautiously. 

"You do not get to ask questions right now!" He growled menacingly. He was really on a rampage but you could tell he was using every ounce of self control he had to rein it in. 

I stood and took a few steps towards him, so the kitchen island was between us. I decided to just say "fuck it" and throw it all on the table, I'd clean up the mess later.

"Which lie are you referring to?" His eyes widened a fraction at my admission of guilt. 

"How many are there?" His tone was arctic, if I was one of his men I'd probably have a bullet through me right about now. 

"Everyone has secrets, Knox." I sneered, getting angry at him for being angry with me. He was supposed to be begging for forgiveness, not turning on me.

He cocked his head at me and slowly began to stalk around the island. His jaw was pumping as he clenched it. "Imagine my surprise when I find out I've been fucking around with someone's wife!" 

His words sparked a little fury in me. "We have not been fucking–" I paused when the end of his sentence finally registered. "Wait, wife?" My voice rose a few octaves. 

"Do not fucking insult me further by playing dumb..." He advanced on me, towering over my short height menacingly. 

"I am no one's fucking wife!" My tone was incredulous. 

"YES YOU ARE!" He roared, losing the control he was battling.

"No. I'm. Not." I yelled back in staccato, feeding off of his anger and advancing on him, getting right in his face. I would not let him intimidate me anymore.  

He threw the folder down on the marble island next to us. His cold tone challenging. "Explain this. No more lies, Keira."

The dreaded folder. I turned to the island and flipped the manila folder open to reveal a marriage certificate. I don't know what I expected, but it was not this.

A certificate uniting Alejandro Vidal and Keira Kline in Holy Matrimony.

My jaw dropped in shock when I noticed my forged signature at the bottom of the page. I was stunned silent and I could feel Tommy's burning gaze on me from just a few inches away. I was beginning to crack. This looked bad, really bad. I know I never signed this marriage certificate, but what reason would he have to believe me, I already admitted I've lied to him before.

"He sent you here didn't he." His tone had lost some of it's heated rage, and I thought I even detected some underlying hurt. "It was all a set up, you're his little spy, aren't you?"