37 - invasion

Keira

I felt a warm, muscular arm snake around me from behind, holding me tight. Half asleep and blissfully unaware of my turbulent feelings, I melted into the hard body engulfing me.

My eyelids cracked as I floated closer to consciousness. I blinked away the blur coating my puffy eyes and peered down at the strong hand wrapped around my waist. It took me a few seconds to realize the arm around me was completely bare of tattoos. 

I shot up in bed and twisted slowly as terror coursed through my bloodstream. In the dim light of my bedroom I came face to face with my ex, Alejandro.

"TOMMY–" My scream was cut off by his large palm slamming over my mouth roughly. 

"I wouldn't do that If I were you, mi amor." He sneered with venom, his old nickname for me made me sick. 

I shook in his hold and prayed Tommy miraculously heard me, until I felt the barrel of a gun press against my temple. Ale wouldn't hesitate to shoot him on sight. 

I whimpered against his palm and he smirked with satisfaction, the same way he used to when I was laying on the floor begging him to have mercy on me. Alejandro got off on punishment and I had no desire to give him a reason to discipline me again. 

Repeated gunshots suddenly rang out in the house below and I froze. Alejandro brought reinforcements.

"I believe your little boyfriend is too preoccupied to come to your rescue this time. It's just you and me, mi amor." His thick accent purred as he pulled his palm away from my mouth slowly, pushing the gun against me harder. "Scream and you die." He warned.

"What d-do y–you want Ale?" I stuttered through my frantic breathing. 

"I want what I've always wanted, Keira. I want money, power and a fearsome reputation." He grinned menacingly. "I've been looking for you for a very long time, mi amor. You can't imagine how excited I was to find you right where I need you." 

"What the fuck does that mean Ale!" I pushed through my fear and met his dark eyes, sparkling with excitement. 

"To put it simply, I want everything Knox has." He shrugged casually. "And I'm going to use you to get it." 

"How?" I asked timidly.

"He cares about you deeply and I can use that against him." 

"You're wrong Ale, he wants to kill me as much as you do." 

"I'm never wrong. And, I don't want to kill you at all. I intend to keep you forever, I just need to get rid of Knox first." His eyes blazed with intense need, like he was Gollum with a damn ring. "You won't slip through my fingers again." 

"You've lost your damn mind!" I exclaimed, forgetting momentarily about the weapon pressing into my skin. "I would rather die than spend even an hour with you." I spat.

"That can be arranged." He snarled, wrapping his hand around my neck roughly as he moved the barrel of the gun to my mouth. 

I pinched my eyes shut and vibrated with fear as things escalated. I was worried about Tommy, what if he didn't survive this invasion? What if Alejandro managed to get exactly what he wanted?

My phone began to buzz on the nightstand and both our eyes snapped down to the illuminated screen. Tommy's name flashed back at us and Alejandro's lips curved into a sinister smile. He kept the gun in my mouth and reached around me to retrieve the phone, wasting no time sliding his thumb over the screen and accepting the call. 

Tommy's low voice flooded the speakers and fresh tears welled in my eyes."Keira? We're under attack, I need you to get to the safe room now–"