63 - weak

Tommy

A knock on the door snapped me out of the dark state I've been entombed in since Keira was taken from me. I ignored the intrusion, hoping whoever stood on the other side of the door would take the hint. 

Blaze only knocked once more as a courtesy and stepped into the room before I had a chance to growl my disapproval. 

It's been seventy four hours since my solace was stolen from me. Seventy four hours with no leads, and seventy four hours of my sanity cracking away with each minute that passed without her. 

I haven't slept, eaten, or inhaled fresh air in days. I've isolated myself in this dark room, unable to cope with any interaction that isn't her. At some points, I was either nodding off and dreaming, or hallucinating her fingers brushing through my hair, her lips on my skin, or her soft voice murmuring soothing words in my ears. 

Each time I became lucid once again, reality was a cold wave of agony, driving me to uncontrolled violence as a reminder of where I was and how hopeless I had become. 

So I kept my eyes on a bloodstained patch of concrete wall. The exact spot crumbling from repeated collision with my battered knuckles.

We set up a war camp in the underground base the Revenants operate out of. I descended the endless steps through the basement of my compound and never looked back. Keira has never walked these halls so I hoped the memory of her presence here couldn't haunt me. I was wrong. She will haunt me until the day I die, regardless of my location. 

I have been entombed in my spiraling mind with no reprieve. Imagining Thor's hands on her, hurting her, scarring her. Most of all it killed me to know that she was taken before I had a chance to explain. She was taken believing I didn't truly love her and that twisted the metaphorical knife the hardest. 

Every second that passed with no new information, no location or route... I was beginning to resort to the most despicably violent solutions. 

"Eat," Blaze ordered, setting a steaming plate of steak and vegetables on the table next to me. I snapped out of my stare off with the bloody wall and scowled at the food before me. My stomach was in tight knots of dread. There was no appetite to speak of. Blaze must have noticed my expression because he stabbed a knife into the meat. "You need to fucking eat, T. You are useless to her if you're not at your strongest." 

"I'm fine." I lie, unconvincingly. 

Viper scoffed from the open doorway where he was sharpening his throwing knives with violent intensity. 

Blaze flipped the switch of the wall, illuminating the dark hole I've been hiding in. Dane filed into the room unapologetically and sat at the other end of the long table with a laptop and piles of surveillance equipment I couldn't begin to understand. 

"Get. Out." I snarled, glancing at each of them with a promise of death. 

"Give it a rest, T. We're done letting you mope around." Blaze replied. Viper met my stare fearlessly. Dane avoided my eyes entirely. 

"I gave you an order. Unless you have a lead, don't speak to me." 

"Fuck your orders. You're letting yourself waste away in here," Blaze yelled, throwing his arms up in emphasis. "You're not sleeping, not eating, barely even speaking. What good will that do, huh?" 

"What do you expect?" I roared as I shot out of the rickety chair I've been glued to for days. My vision went spotty and I swayed as I took a step towards Blaze. Probably the worst thing that could have happened at this moment. The smug twitch of his lips confirmed it. "No one has tracked them down and you won't fucking let me go after her!"