13 - revolver

Keira

"Get the boys ready. Two SUVs and make sure everyone is armed. We leave in 5." Tommy barked orders at Blaze as I pulled farther into myself, hugging my arm around my body. Blaze jogged off the deck, pressing his phone to his ear immediately. 

Tommy turned to me. "I'm sorry. We've got to go." 

"It's okay. I understand." I mumbled, nodding. 

He grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him as he raced up the spiral staircase to the top floor where our rooms were. I struggled to keep up but I couldn't let him know so I willed my little legs to move like they never have before. Whatever was going on was serious enough that Tommy was leaving the compound to deal with it himself. I wasn't about to get in his way. 

"Get dressed, you have 2 minutes." I ordered and turned towards his door. 

"Wait, what?" My features twisted in confusion. Was he taking me with him?

"I'm not leaving you here unprotected. Now go, we don't have time to talk." He pushed me towards my door gently and sprinted to another room down the hall. 

I raced to my closet and pulled on a pair of thick high waisted leggings, an oversized black sweater and a pair of Puma sneakers kindly provided by Siren. I needed to meet this woman, she had an impeccable sense of style and I appreciated every piece she bought for me. It was cold for LA so I pulled a beanie on over my messy hair and jogged back to the hall to meet Tommy. 

I managed to get myself ready in under 2 minutes and he wasn't back yet so I had a moment to lean against the wall and let my anxiety take over. I was so out of my element and I had no idea what to expect, so of course my brain went on an overthinking spree. I needed to toughen up for Tommy. He and Blaze won't have time to look after me wherever we're going. 

I bounced on the balls of my feet and tapped my fingers on the wall behind me repetitively until Tommy flew back around the corner. 

"Good. You're ready. Just give me one minute." I nodded in response as he ran into his room. He was still shirtless, in all his godly glory. I noticed the guns tucked into his waistband when he turned his back to me and entered his room. Guns have always made me anxious. I used to hear gunshots out my window when I was growing up. 

Seconds later, Tommy slammed the door to his room and grabbed my hand again, guiding me down the stairs to the garage. He had put a black shirt and his signature leather jacket on.

"You're bringing her?" Blaze looked at Tommy with an incredulous expression. 

"I'm not leaving her here alone. Let's go." Blaze shook his head in disapproval but didn't argue with Tommy's steel resolve on the subject. 

Blaze jumped into the driver's seat of the first SUV and I expected Tommy to take the passenger seat, but he slid in the back next to me. The guys made brief eye contact in the rearview mirror, telepathically speaking volumes by the severe expressions they both held.

Blaze started the car and tore out of the garage, a second SUV full of back up following behind us. 

Tommy shifted in his seat, pulled a small revolver out of his waistband, and turned to me, placing the gun in my shaking hands. 

"Take this, just in case." he said calmly. I knew he was anything but, I could feel the tension rolling off of him in waves, only heightening my anxiety. 

"Bu- But I can't. I don't know how to shoot a-" I couldn't even finish my sentence I was stuttering so hard. So much for keeping my cool, I rolled my eyes internally. I stared down at the gun in my shaking hands like it was an armed bomb. 

"You won't have to, I just want you to have it just in case." He gave me a brief overview on how to work the gun and handed it back to me. "Now tuck it into your waistband." He instructed firmly. 

There was no getting out of this. I lifted my sweater and did as he said while he watched me. The metal was cold on my skin, sending a shiver through my body. 

I couldn't still my quivering hands, no matter how many deep breaths I took. Tommy reached over and took my hand in his. Holding it firmly. The sparks that flowed between us warmed me up a little and I was finally able to take a successful deep breath. 

"Where are we going?" I whispered to him, quiet enough that Blaze wouldn't overhear, not that it was a secret anyway. 

"Downtown. It won't take long." his vague answer didn't surprise me. He didn't seem to be in a talking mood, and I probably wouldn't understand anyway. 

We drove for around 45 minutes, I glanced at the clock on the dashboard. It was 2:08am, I was exhausted but the adrenaline kept me going.  Tommy or Blaze didn't speak a single word the rest of the drive, until we pulled into a dark, downtown parking lot and Tommy released my hand, grasping both my shoulders instead. 

"Listen very carefully. Do not get out of this car, under and circumstances. Do you understand?" I nodded, unable to find my words as three new SUVS swarmed us outside the tinted windows. Tommy tightened his grip on my shoulders and gave me a shake, directing my attention back to him "Keira, I need to hear you say you understand. This is serious, you cannot leave the car no matter what happens." His fierce honey eyes were locked on me, waiting for an answer. 

"I understand." I whispered, attempting to hide the fear in my voice. "I'll stay in the car." 

"It's time." Blaze barked from the front seat, loading his gun and swinging out of the car. 

"I'll be right back." Tommy locked eyes with me and squeezed my hand before pulling his gun and swinging out after Blaze. Shutting the door behind him. The locks clicked in sync, startling me.