4 - little problem

Tommy

I stared down at my victim, chained to an armchair in front of the grand fireplace. I was feeling extra irritated tonight and I was out for blood. Usually all I had to do was tell my victims who I am and they submit, my reputation precedes me. I was seconds away from putting a blade through the hand of my ex accountant when my phone started to ring. I contemplated ignoring it and feeding my bloodlust, until I saw Thor's name on the screen.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"Viper and I ran into a little problem at Nocturne that needs your personal attention." Thor replied vaguely.

"Just fucking handle it, I've got my hands full." I growled, flipping the sharp dagger in my hands, itching to throw it down.

"This one is above our pay grade boss. We'll be back at the compound in 10."

I hung up. I wasn't in the mood for their drunk over dramatics tonight. I had real business to deal with. My fingers twitched and the knife flew through the accountant's hand, nestling in the arm of the chair. He screamed in agony and the darkness in me reveled in it.

I slammed one more knife through his other hand to balance things out and handed things over to my right hand man Blaze. He enjoyed the dirty work even more than I did. In all honesty, I loved teaching lessons and getting my revenge, but I wasn't the kind of sadistic animal who truly enjoyed harming innocents. That wasn't my style.

I focused my energy on those who betrayed, disobeyed or disrespected me and my organization. As far as my men knew, I was a cold blooded killer, but each life took a piece of my soul with it and I could feel the darkness beginning to consume me completely.

I left the warm parlor and threw a leather jacket over my shirtless body. I felt even more bare without my knives which stayed firmly planted in the hands of my victim. I grabbed a gun from a nearby drawer and tucked it into the waistband of my black skinny jeans.

I was always armed, always prepared.

I didn't know what to expect when I entered the underground garage. But Viper dragging an unconscious girl out of the trunk and tossing her at my feet was not it.

"What the fuck is this." I growled. I had no idea who she was or why she was here and I wanted answers.

Thor spoke first. "This is the little problem."

"She tracked us down at Nocturne, she already knew my name and yours boss. She begged us to bring her to you." Viper took over.

"I see." I said, kneeling down and turning her over to get a better look at her, I brushed her hair off her face and memorized the features I know I've never seen before, I'd remember this girl. I looked up at Viper, his face was passive which meant he was keeping something from me. "Why is she unconscious?"

"She said your name, boss. In the alley behind the club." There wasn't an ounce of guilt in his words. " I knocked her out before she could say another word."

"God fucking damn it. Who the hell is she?" I barked.

"No idea, she approached us asking for our help. She said she's being followed and needs your help. She said she has information for you but I doubt that part was true."

I examined her further. Her skirt was ripped all the way up her creamy thigh and dark bruises hugged her neck, they looked fresh. "You did this?" I asked Viper. He shook his head in disinterest.

Her dark eyelashes fluttered and crystal, ice blue eyes pierced straight through me. She struggled to focus on me, and when she finally did she scrambled back across the floor until she collided with the wheel of the SUV, slamming her head on the metal. That was a normal reaction people usually got around me. But for some reason it annoyed me this time. I stood and stalked towards her.

I stood over her and pulled the Beretta out of my waistband, aiming it right between those mesmerizing eyes. The fear in her features was unmistakable, but she expected this. She didn't beg or move an inch, she just whimpered and resigned herself to her fate.

"Who are you." I demanded.

She looked up at me confused, like I'd just asked her to recite Shakespeare from memory.

"Don't make me ask again." I gritted and she flinched.

"Keira." she finally whispered.

"Why are you here?"

Her eyes were drooping and she was struggling to keep her head up. I wasn't going to get any answers right now.

"You gave her a fucking concussion." I growled at Viper. "Take her to the clinic, now." I instructed him.

Viper leaned down and yanked her up off the floor roughly. She whimpered in pain and began to panic again when she realized who had a hold of her. I tucked my gun back into my waistband and yanked her away from him, lifting her into my arms. 

Thor and Viper gave me puzzled looks. I wasn't a gentle guy and I definitely didn't usually handle shit like this myself, but if you want something done right, you do it yourself.

I carried her to the nearby med room where the in house nurse, Delaney was stitching up one of my guys.

"She has a concussion." I huffed, gently laying her down on the empty bed. "Monitor her and call me the second she's clear headed enough to interrogate."

"Yes sir." Delaney nodded. She was completely unfazed, she had seen far worse working with my family for the last 30 years.

I returned to Viper and Thor. "Find out who she is and where she came from. Start with that little rat Sal at Nocturne." I ordered.