52 - traitor

Sorry for the long wait lovies!! If I'm being completely honest I got so caught up in the ACOTAR series for the first time so please forgive me for the less frequent updates!

Please accept my humble gift of smut and drama to make up for it lol

Mae xx

Keira

I could hear the steady beat of Tommy's heart as his fingers traced small circles across my back. This other hand was tangled in my wild hair, holding me against his warm skin possessively. My own sleepy fingers traced over the various intricate tattoos running across his chest, shoulders, and down his arms, all the way to his fingertips.

The constant darkness of the underground safe house made it impossible to know whether it was day or night, but we had slept for a few hours at least, both our emotional and physical exhaustion pulling us under.

We had yet to speak a single word to each other since waking over thirty minutes ago. It wasn't because we had nothing to say, we were just content basking in each other's safety and serenity, silence between us was just as comforting, and I had experienced enough to know that was rare and coveted. I also knew he had something on his mind, and I wanted to give him the comfort and support I knew he needed while he organized his thoughts.

"I think I made a mistake." Tommy's husky voice finally broke the silence. The gravel in his sleep thickened voice felt like a warm sip of bourbon spreading through my whole body. "I don't regret it," he continued as my fingers moved slowly up his chest to the tattoos on his neck. "But I don't think I should have reacted the way I did." He exhaled as if he was relieved to get the thoughts off his chest.

"Is this about the guys in the pit?"

"Mhmm." He hummed, confirming my question.

I crossed my arms over his chest and rested my chin on them, now facing him. The hand formerly tangled in my hair reached over and flipped a switch, illuminating us in a soft glow from the bedside lamp. Our gaze finally connected and the corner of his lips tilted up in a small smile as his eyes poured over every detail of my messy morning look.

"You look so angelic in the mornings." He murmured. I rolled my eyes but blushed nonetheless, I knew for a fact my face was red and puffy from crying half the night, and my hair was no doubt a wild mane from sleeping with it damp.

I balked internally as he called me an angel once again. I had wanted to tell him about our past, how it was more connected than he realized, but something in me held back, and I wasn't exactly sure why.

"What happened down there..." I said instead, I wasn't sure I truly wanted to know all the gory details and I think he knew that, so he kept it mild.

"I shot them. All of them." He admitted bluntly, with an apologetic wince as my eyes widened in shock. "I was so angry, Keira, I lost control."

"You just left them down there, bleeding?" I sat up in bed immediately. Tommy cringed and nodded, afraid to say the words out loud. Those four boys were down in some deep, dark pit without any medical supplies, I couldn't believe Tommy would do something like this, to his own men. I jumped out of bed, pulling a sheet with me.

"What are you doing?" He jumped up after me in all his naked glory. I averted my gaze and pulled the dresser drawers open.

"I'm going to help them, Tommy, what the fuck else would I be doing? You just left them down there! I can't believe you..." I shook my head in disappointment. I understood his job came with a lot of challenges the average human being couldn't even conceive, but this was over the line. "They don't deserve this."