41 - collapse

Keira

It's been four days since Tommy jumped out of the helicopter and commenced his suicide mission.

Four of the worst days of my life.

I sat on the couch curled up in a blanket for 96 hours straight, I barely slept or ate, only getting up for short bathroom breaks. The TV was running constantly as I stared at the screen day and night waiting for any news of Tommy and Blaze to surface, but nothing more was announced to the public after day one.

The night we arrived at the safe house I turned the TV on to breaking news.

Just hours ago, the FBI raided Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, causing the facility to go into an immediate lockdown. There have been reports of an active shooter situation, but no official statement or confirmation has been issued by the authorities.

That was the first and last report on the events at the hospital, but I sat staring mindlessly at the revolving news stories regardless.

The boys resumed their usual banter and shenanigans around me as I sat numb for days, waiting for a miracle. They would bring me food and occasionally urge me to get some sleep, but for the most part, dealing with a broken woman was beyond their capabilities. 

Surprisingly it was Viper who sat nearby the most, keeping a watchful eye on me silently. He brought me painkillers and changed my bandages once in a while. I'm not sure why I even let him near me after the toxic history we've had but for some reason I didn't object.

"Hey Kiki, I brought you some food." Thor sank into the cushions next to me, placing a plate of food piled miles high on the coffee table. His ridiculous nickname for me was unfortunately sticking.

"I'm not hungry." I muttered, my tone so dull and lifeless I barely recognized my own voice.

"C'mon. You've barely eaten in days. I'm done watching you waste away right in front of my eyes." He pulled the coffee table closer and tossed a fork in my lap.

I ignored him and kept my eyes glued to the screen. This whole conversation was getting repetitive at this point.

With each hour that passed, I knew the likelihood that Tommy survived was practically nonexistent. He would have come back to me by now, he would have called.

Viper stalked up to the TV and pressed the power button.

"No!" I yelled as the screen went black.

"This is pathetic. You can't sit around all depressed waiting for your fucking kidnapper to come back to you." He shouted.

"What else am I supposed to do! Continue on with my life like nothing happened? Do none of you care that your boss and Blaze could be dead right now?!" A spark of fury ignited somewhere in my numb disposition.

"You're like the poster child for fucking Stockholm Syndrome." He muttered with disgust.

I shot to my feet, staggering slightly with the sudden rush of blood to my head. My vision blacked out for a few seconds before I could continue my rampage. "I'm not some innocent fucking girl who got kidnapped and fell in love with her ruthless captor, Viper!"

"Are you joking? You're as innocent as it fucking gets!" He scowled as he gestured to me.

"You don't even know me! You don't know what I'm capable of, what I've done. I'm just as bad as the rest of you!" I screeched, reaching an emotional breaking point after sitting numb for so long.

"I call bullshit." He sneered in a condescending tone, crossing his skinny arms over his chest. "We're master manipulators and murderers, honey. You're not even in the same league."