The empty child- part one

The TARDIS hurtles through space.

Rose: What's the emergency?

The Doctor: It's mauve. 

Rose, the Warden and the Doctor rush around the console, as the TARDIS shudders and shakes. 

Rose: Mauve? 

The Warden: The universally recognized colour for danger. 

Rose: What happened to red? 

The Warden: That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. 

He gestures to the object they are following through the Time Vortex on the monitor.

The Warden: It's got a very basic flight computer- 

The Doctor: -I've hacked in, slaved the TARDIS. Where it goes, we go. 

Rose: And how safe is it?

The Doctor: Totally. 

Part of the console explodes. 

The Doctor: Okay, reasonably. Should have said reasonably there.

The object hurtles through the Vortex. 

The Warden: Oh, no, no, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us. 

Rose: What exactly is this thing? 

The Doctor: No idea. 

Rose: And why are we chasing it?

The Warden: It's mauve and dangerous. And about 30 seconds from the centre of London. 

The object hurtles towards Earth, with the TARDIS in hot pursuit.

The TARDIS materializes behind some bleak looking houses in London. Rose exits, followed by the Doctor and the Warden. 

The Doctor: Do you know how long we can knock around space without having to bump into Earth? 

Rose: Five days? Or is that just when we're out of milk? 

The Warden: Of all the species in all the universe and it has to come out of a cow. 

There is a sudden distorted view of something over head as though something is watching them. They walk away from the TARDIS. 

The Doctor: Must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile, anyway. And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month. 

Rose: A month?! We were right behind it!

The Doctor: It was jumping time tracks all over the place, we're bound to be a little bit out. Do you wanna drive? 

Rose: Yeah... how much is "a little"? 

The Doctor: A bit. 

The distorted vision still observes them. 

Rose: Is that EXACTLY a bit? 

The Warden: Ish. 

Rose: What's the plan, then? Are you gonna do a scan for alien tech or something? 

The Warden: Rose, it hit the middle of London with a very loud bang.

The Doctor: I'm gonna ask.