Boom town- part two

Margaret stands on a podium holding a glass of champagne and addressing a room full of civic dignitaries, journalists and waiters and waitresses. 

Margaret: This Nuclear Power station right in the heart of Cardiff City will bring jobs for all! As you can see, as Lord Mayor, I've had to sanction some radical redevelopments... 

A camera flashes and Margaret throws her hand up in front of her face. 

Margaret: No photographs! What did I say?! Take pictures of the project by all means, but not me, thank you. 

She smiles and addresses the room at large.

Margaret: So. Cardiff Castle will be demolished allowing the Blaidd Drwg Project to rise up, tall and proud. A monument to Welsh industry. And yes, some of you might shiver. The words "nuclear power station" and "major population centre" aren't exactly the happiest of bedfellows. But I give you my personal guarantee that as long as I walk upon this earth, no harm will come to any of my citizens. Now drink up. A toast- to the future! 

She raises her glass and the rest of the room follow suit. 

All: To the future! 

Margaret: And believe me... it will glow. 

After a smattering of polite applause, the guests begin to mingle. A journalist named Cathy Salt hurries over to Margaret. 

Cathy: Excuse me, Mrs Blaine? My name's Cathy Salt, I represent the Cardiff Gazette. 

Margaret: I'm sorry, I'm not doing interviews. I can't bear self publicity. 

She begins to turn away. 

Cathy: But are you aware of the curse? 

Margaret looks her up and down with a fixed, fake smile.

Margaret: Whatever do you mean? Cathy, wasn't it? 

Cathy: Cathy Salt. That's what some of your engineers are saying. That the Blaidd Drwg Project is cursed. 

Margaret: Sounds rather silly to me. 

Cathy: That's what I thought. I was just chasing a bit of local colour. But the funny thing is, when you start piecing it all together, it does begin to look a bit odd... 

Margaret: In what way? 

Cathy: The deaths! The number of deaths associated with this project. First of all, there was the entire team of the European Safety Inspectors... 

Margaret: But they were French! Its not my fault if "Danger, Explosives! " was only written in Welsh. 

She turns her back on Cathy, but Cathy persists. 

Cathy: And then there was that accident with the Cardiff Heritage Committee... 

Margaret: The electrocution of that swimming pool was put down to natural wear and tear. 

Cathy: And then, the Architect? 

Margaret: It was raining, visibility was low, my car simply couldn't stop. 

Cathy: And then just recently, Mr Cleaver, the government's nuclear adviser... 

Margaret: Slipped on an icy patch. 

Cathy: He was decapitated. 

Margaret: It was a very icy patch. I'm afraid these stories are nothing more than typical small town thinking. I really haven't got time. Now, if you'll excuse me...