The end of the world- full story

The Doctor: Right then, Rose Tyler, you tell me, where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. What's it going to be?

Rose: Forwards.

The Doctor presses a few buttons.

The Doctor: How far?

Rose: One hundred years.

He pulls a lever whilst The Warden turns a knob. The engines lurch and then stop after a few seconds.

The Warden: There you go, step outside those doors, it's the twenty-second century.

Rose: You're kidding.

The Doctor: That's a bit boring though, do you want to go further?

Rose: Fine by me!

The time lords start up the engines again. When they stop, they looks at her.

The Warden: Ten thousand years in the future. Step outside, it's the year 12005, the New Roman Empire.

Rose: You think you're so impressive.

The Doctor and The Warden: WE ARE so impressive!

Rose: You wish!

The Doctor: Right then, you asked for it. I know exactly where to go. Hold on!

The TARDIS hurtles through the time vortex. With a pinging noise, the TARDIS stops.

Rose: Where are we?

The Doctor gestures towards the doors. Rose smiles excitedly.

Rose: What's out there?

The Warden gestures this time. Rose steps outside the doors and finds herself in some kind of wooden room. The Doctor and Warden follow her and with their sonic screwdrivers, open the shutters of an enormous window. They go down the stairs and find themselves looking down on the planet Earth.

The Doctor: You lot. You spend all your time thinking about dying. Like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids. But you never take time to imagine the impossible...

The Warden: Maybe you survive. This is the year 5.5/apple/26. Five billion years in your future. This is the day... hold on... This is the day the sun expands. Welcome to the end of the world.

Two space shuttles zoom towards Platform One, essentially a huge space station.

Computer voice: Shuttles 5 and 6 now docking. Guests are reminded that platform 1 forbids the use of weapons, teleportation and religion. Earth Death is scheduled for 15:39, followed by drinks in the Manchester Suite.

Rose, The Warden and the Doctor are walking down a corridor.

Rose: So, when it says 'guests' does that mean people?

The Warden: Depends what you mean by people.

Rose: I mean people. What do you mean?

The Doctor: Aliens.

Rose: What are they doing on board this spaceship? What's it all for?

The Doctor starts to open a door with his sonic screwdriver.

The Warden: It's not really a spaceship. More like an observation deck. The great and the good are gathering to watch the planet burn.

Rose: What for?