Bad Wolf- part four

Jack is attaching his Compact Laser Deluxe to the Defabricator. 

Jack: Compatible systems... just align the wave signature... thattaboy! Got myself a gun. Well, ladies, the pleasure was all mine. Which is the only thing that matters in the end. 

And off he goes, leaving the smouldering bodies of Trin-E and Zu-Zana. Jack runs out onto Floor 299, and places his hand on a pad to open the door to the lift. He consults his wrist device. 

Jack: Two hearts, that's them... which floor? 

He impatiently presses a few buttons on the lift and the doors close. The Doctor, The Warden and Lynda emerge onto an observation deck. 

Lynda: Blimey! I've never seen it for real before! Not... not from orbit. Planet Earth... They stand before the window, observing the Earth. The whole planet is grey and ugly, a few patches of light here and there. 

The Doctor: What's happened to it? 

Lynda: Well, it's always been like that. Ever since I was born. See that there? That's the Great Atlantic Smog Storm. It's been going twenty years. We get newsflashes telling us when it's safe to breathe outside. 

The Warden: So, the population just sits there? Half the world's too fat, half the world's too thin, and you lot just watch telly? 

Lynda: Ten thousand channels, all beaming down from here.

The Doctor: The Human Race. Brainless sheep. Being fed on a diet of... mind you, have they still got that programme where three people have to live with a bear?

Lynda: Oh, "Bear With Me", I love that one! 

The Warden: And me. The celebrity edition where the bear got in the-

Lynda: -Got in the bath! 

The Doctor: But it's all gone wrong. I mean, history's gone wrong. Again. This should be the Fourth Great and Bountiful Human Empire. I don't understand. Last time we were here, we put it right. 

Lynda: No, but that's when it first went wrong. A hundred years ago, like you said. All the news channels- they just shut down overnight. 

The Doctor: But that was us. We did that. 

Lynda: There was nothing left in their place. No information. The whole planet just froze. The government, the economy, they collapsed... that was the start of it. One hundred years of hell. 

The Warden: Oh, my... 

The Doctor: We made this world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Agorax screams as the disintegrator beam shoots him until there's nothing left but dust. The gun retreats back into the Anne Droid's mouth and the light behind Agorax's name on his podium goes out. 

Anne Droid: That leaves Rose and Rodrick, you're going head-to-head... let's play "The Weakest Link". 

Rodrick: Right, that's the end of tactical voting... you're on your own now. 

Jack: Hey, handsome! Good to see ya! Any sign of Rose? 

Jack has managed to find the Warden and the Doctor, and is now standing with them and Lynda on the observation deck. 

The Warden: Can't you track her down? 

Jack: She must still be inside the games. All the rooms are shielded.