A Taste

She blushes a little at her outburst and he smiles back at her, enjoying her honesty. The chef has started cooking the meat over an open flame and Hyunjin laughs to himself as he places his slices into a pan on a burner and turns it on. He can tell she's staring at him still, unable to stop looking at him and it thrills him a little.

They look up to see the chef toss a mix of sweet peppers into the pan and she picks up the small bowl at their station and puts it into their pan. She reaches for the next bowl and he sees it contains sliced eggplant. He frowns as she picks it up. He makes a noise as she brings it closer to the pan and looks up at her, with a fearful look. She stops, watching his face change to a grimace as she holds the bowl.

"What is it?" she whispers.

"I really don't like eggplant," he says to her. She smiles at him and kneels down, to dump all of the pieces into a pot under the counter quickly before anyone can see her. He watches her, smiling and she looks up at him laughing, holding her finger against her lips to indicate it's a secret. As her eyes meet his he is jolted by the sight of her kneeling in front of him, at his waist, and his eyes pop open with the instant reaction he feels. Embarrassed, he turns his body away from her as she stands back up. She grins at him, at their secret shared, and she picks up the sauce, pouring it into the pan as he tries to focus on his task.

They watch it come together. She leans over close to him as he stirs and he can smell the floral scent of her hair. He breathes it in, intermingling with the food cooking and he feels hungry, very hungry. The chef claps his hands together as he looks over their shoulders.

"Finished!" he says, indicating the plates at the side. Hyunjin lifts the pan, portioning out the servings onto two plates and he watches the older couple and the chef walk out of the kitchen door toward the dinning room. They each take a plate and follow after them into the other room.

They watch the chef set his plate down, and the couple sit down near him at a long table. Hyunjin indicates to her to move toward the other end of the table, much farther away and they take their seats, enjoying the privacy it affords them. He looks over the food on the plate.

"I think we did ok, it looks very tasty," he says proudly.

"I agree, and I'm sure ours will taste much better without the eggplant." She nods at him making him smile.

"I'm Sam," he reaches his hand out to her. She takes it, looking back at him suspiciously. It's not entirely a fake name, but he knows she's questioning it by the arch of her eyebrow.

"Sasha," she says, gently touching his hand and giving it a little shake. "What brings you to Fiji Sam?" He bites his lip and looks down, unsure how to answer her question.

"Just needed to get away," he offers, watching her reaction closely. She nods.

"Same." She winks at him, smiling. She lifts a forkful of the dinner into her mouth and reacts instantly to the horror of the taste, spitting the food out into a napkin. He laughs and stops his bite, taking her reaction as a warning. "Ugh, it's really awful, somehow it's very salty." He looks at her embarrassed, frowning.

"I salted the right amount from the bowl," he explains. She begins to laugh.

"So did I!" she admits and he laughs, dropping his fork onto the plate and glancing over to see the chef and the older couple engrossed in their meal.

"Let's get out of here before chef asks why we aren't eating," she says beginning to stand up. He looks around the room and reaches out to grab her hand as she offers it, and follows her out of the resort.

She leads him toward the beach and closer to the spot where he saw her first. There are several lounge chairs facing the water and she steps up to one, laying back across it. He lays back on the other as she picks up a menu from the small table between them and holds it up to him.

"My treat, Sam?" she offers, indicating the menu. He smiles broadly and nods. A waiter steps up to her and she points to something on the menu. Hyunjin watches her. As the waiter leaves she smiles over at him, stretching out her long body on the lounger. She raises her arms up behind her head, letting her cover up fall open a little. He turns his body a little more toward her, trying not to be obvious as he looks over her curves. In that moment, she sits up and takes the cover up off, laying back in just her bikini top with her skirt still hanging low on her hips. He wets his lips instinctively as he looks at her, imagining what it might be like to touch the tanned skin on her stomach.

The waiter returns with a tray with two drinks and a small plate of snacks. He sets them down in between them and she signs his form. As she does she raises her knees up on the lounger, making her skirt slide up farther, showing nearly the full length of her smooth leg. His eyes travel right up to her hip peeking out and he sits up to distract himself from wondering how soft her skin would be if he touched the spot right at the waistband of the skirt.

She hands the bill back to the waiter, and shoots a look over at him, catching his stare, and smirking a little. She holds her cup up to his, toasting.

"Cheers," she says. He takes a sip of the earthy liquid and makes a funny face at how unusual it tastes.

"What is this?" he asks.

"It's Kava. I'm surprised you didn't get any when you came off the plane," she says remembering the welcoming group greeting passengers. He didn't travel commercially, instead he came in on a private jet from his company, but he doesn't want her to know that. He takes another sip.

"I don't really drink alcohol," he explains taking another sip, bigger than the last.

"Then you are going to react quickly to this stuff," she warns. "It's already making me feel hot," she says fanning herself for effect. He coughs a little at the liquid and the implication. He smiles over at her, and admires her free spirit and flirtatious nature. He watches her drink the rest of the cup in one gulp and she stands up in front of him.

"Do you want to go for a swim?" she asks, pausing in front of him for a moment while he considers the offer. He sips the last of his drink before answering and watches as she lowers her skirt off her hips. She steps out of it and reaches down to toss it onto her lounge chair behind her. She stands in front of him in just her bikini, so close he could lean forward only a few inches and his lips would be on her navel.

"These are swim trunks right?" She reaches down and touches the fabric of his shorts, laying her hand on his thigh and it sends a shockwave through him. He stands up quickly and awkwardly, rising very close to her body without meaning to. She smiles up at him. "Come join me," she says turning to walk toward the water. He whips his shirt off, leaving it in the lounger and runs to catch up with her.