Break Of Dawn

Hyunjin wakes in the room while it's still dark, and feels the empty space next to him in the bed. He sits up quickly, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the half light, and he looks around for her.

"Sasha?" he calls quietly, and he listens. He hears no response, but, he hears a rustling in the closet across the room. He gets up, walking into the space, and he flips on the light. He startles her as she is pulling a dress over her body, covering herself. He stands in the doorway in the light completely naked, and smiles at her as she pulls the dress down over her head, adjusting it over her naked breasts, and straightening the skirt. He laughs a little as he moves closer to her, sliding his hands over her hips. "Why are you getting dressed? Come back to bed," he says feeling the urgency of being close to her.

"I want to watch the sunrise with you," she says, reaching for a pair of panties from a drawer and slipping them on.

"But it's so early, it's still dark," he argues, trying to pull her body closer.

"The sun will rise in about 40 minutes, but to see it best, we have to go to the other side of the island," she explains, leaning up on tip toes and planting a kiss on his nose. She pulls back and walks toward the doorway, running her hands through her long hair.

"But, don't you want to just stay here with me all day?" He follows after her, hoping to convince her to climb back into bed with him. She turns on the small lamp on the bedside table.

"We can come back here after, let's have a little adventure. I know just the spot," she explains. He reaches down to get his shorts.

"I should probably change, want to go back to my villa first?" He pulls the shorts on and scans around for his shirt, finding it crumpled into a ball on the floor.

"You go get changed, and meet me in the lobby?" she offers. "I'll get us something to take for breakfast." He smiles and nods. "But be quick, we don't have much time," she warns. He leans in to kiss her, pulling her close to him as he runs his hand through her hair, kissing her deeply. He pulls back and smiles at her, excited for the adventure. "Oh, bring a swim suit maybe," she calls as he backs toward the door. He nods and opens the door, stepping out into the hallway, getting his flip flops and he walks toward the elevator.

The lobby is quiet. The staff on duty look sleepy and they barely smile and nod to him as he passes by. He steps out of the resort, and feels the chill of the morning against his skin as he walks back toward the beach and the row of villas on the water. He tries to be quiet as he steps along the walkway between the villas, smiling a little to himself as he passes the first villa they found themselves in a few days ago. He reaches his room and he sees everything exactly how he left it, apart from the bed which has been turned down by housekeeping. He reaches for his suitcase, opening it on the bed where he laid her down, and heard her cries and moans at his touch. He shakes off the thoughts, trying to concentrate and he digs through his suitcase to find another pair of shorts, a white button down, and he puts a pair of swim trunks on underneath. His fingers dig through the suitcase trying to feel for a hairbrush and he comes across his mobile phone. He swipes the screen up to see that all calls are blocked, still, and he smiles, knowing there is no contact with the outside world while he is here. He thought that would bother him, make him feel bored or restless but he honestly hasn't thought once about missing any phone calls or messages.

He smiles and puts the phone back in it's place, finds the hairbrush and runs it through his blonde hair, checking his reflection in the mirror across from the bed. He puts on a pair of slides and grabs some sunglasses and he closes up the room to return to the lobby to meet her. As he steps back across the cool sand of the beach he can see the sky on the distant horizon beginning to lighten. He picks up his pace to move faster towards the lobby area.

When he steps through the doors, he sees her speaking with a member of the staff. She signs something for them and another member of staff comes out of the back of the front desk with a large picnic basket. She takes it with a bow, but doesn't look into it. He smiles as their eyes meet.

"What do you have there?" he asks, curious, as he steps up to join her.

"Just a little something to keep our energy up. Come on," she indicates he should follow her and he walks behind her toward a different door. He turns and looks back at the desk and the two staff members watching them leave. When his eyes meet theirs they both quickly look away and busy themselves with something beneath the desk. He turns back to see her pulling out a pair of keys and walking across the small parking lot.

"Do you have a car?" he asks, confused. She walks up to a McLaren 620R in a bright orange and she unlocks the door, pushing the basket into the tiny back seat. He stares in awe at it, unsure what to make of this car. "You have a race car?" he asks. She stands on the driver's side at the open door and smiles at him.

"Oh, did you want to drive?" He looks at her in shock.

"No, that's ok!" He doesn't want to tell her that he doesn't have a driver's license. He gets into the passengers side of the small car, feeling the leather seat hugging him. She starts the engine and smiles over at him, arching an eyebrow.

"Hold on," she says and the car lurches forward quickly as she spins the wheel to head out of the parking lot. Hyunjin grips the handle on the side of his door, although he tries to pretend he isn't clinging to it for dear life as she quickly turns the car onto the dark road, the engine tearing through the sleepy quiet of predawn. She looks over at him, knowing exactly where she's going, and full of confidence. "It isn't that far, but we have to hurry to not miss the sunrise," she tells him with a little wink. His stomach is up in his throat but he smiles at her as she maneuvers around hairpin curves rising up the steep incline in the darkness.

He feels his fingertips grip into the leather of the door handle as his body is thrust from side to side with each turn. He can't help himself, he has to close his eyes to avoid seeing where they are going. He grinds down on his teeth, waiting for her to slow down, or waiting for painless death, whichever comes. The car comes to a stop, and he hears the engine shut off. He cautiously opens his eyes and turns to find her watching him, curiously, smiling.

"Was that a little scary for you Sam?" she asks, laughing. He smiles awkwardly.

"Oh, no, it's fine really," he laughs, unable to contain his glee at being finally safe. She laughs and opens her car door, reaching in the back for the basket. He looks around for the first time and can't see much, it's very wooded. "Where are we?"

"One of the highest elevations on the island," she calls back to him. He gets out of the car and looks down at his slides.

"I didn't wear shoes for hiking," he warns her, wondering what she has planned. He hears her laugh in the darkness and he follows after her.

"Don't worry," she calls back. As he gets closer to the sound of her voice, he sees a clearing in the brush. He steps past it and sees her standing in front of a darkened house. It's massive white shape almost glowing in the dim light of the dawn. She is smiling at him, holding the basket in her arms.

"What is this?" he asks confused.

"It's a house, with a pool, and no one at home," she says with a devilish glint in her eye. She turns to run toward the house and he gasps, unsure what to do next.