What Comes Next?

Hyunjin is wrapped in the soft pink duvet in the bedroom attached to the en-suite. He's been asleep for several hours. As he stirs he hears the sound of the water running in the shower and he smiles, remembering what it felt like to give himself over to her, to be himself, his true self. He opens his eyes and notices the smaller sized furniture and the pink lace on the pillow sham and he blushes, embarrassed for what he perceives as an insult to the rooms rightful owner. He hears the water turn off and he lifts his head, waiting to see her.

The door opens and she steps quietly into the room, not noticing that he's awake among the fluff of the bedcovers. She wears a little robe, which looks too small for her, and she sits down at the small dressing table and the mirror across from the bed. She reaches into a drawer and pulls out a hairbrush and he watches as she combs through her long hair. He wonders at how she knows exactly where everything is in this house, when she's told him that she doesn't live here. He listens as he becomes aware of a low sound, and he realizes that she's humming, no words, just a quiet tune. He smiles listening to her, deep in her own thoughts.

Something about the tune is familiar, he thinks he's heard it before but he can't be sure. He was about to call out to her but he stops, wondering at it as it begins to play in his head, the same song; their song, their new song, that hasn't been released yet, and that no one outside of the company has heard.  He sits up abruptly, startling her. She turns around in the chair to face him as he looks at her surprised.

"How do you know that song?" he asks.

"What song?" She smiles back at him in the reflection in the mirror.

"The one you were humming. It's the new song," he explains studying her reaction.

"Was I humming? I didn't notice." She puts down the hair brush and she stands to move closer to him. He sits up as she draws near the bed.

"That was our new song, no one has heard that, how do you know it?"

"I don't know what you mean, I don't even know what I was humming," she explains. He thinks about what she's said as she runs her finger over the curve of his jaw. It's possible he heard something that sounded similar and he just decided it was their song. No one else outside of the company has heard it so there's no way she could have been humming it, he reasons. She climbs into the bed, on her knees, moving closer to him and he raises up to kiss her, grabbing her waist, wrapping his hands around her bottom.

"I must have been dreaming," he teases.

"I'm glad if I'm in your dreams," she says arching her eyebrow as she looks down at him. He buries his face in the robe covering her stomach and he squeezes her tighter.

"Always," he whispers as he pulls her down onto the bed to lay under him. He looks down into her eyes. "How long can we stay here?"

"As long as we want," she shrugs. "Of course you have that beautiful villa on the water, but I could send for your luggage," she offers. He smiles down at her surprised.

"Send who?" She looks up at him a little awkward as she stammers.

"I could call someone at the resort to ask for your things to be sent of course," she explains, smiling weakly. He nods, realizing this makes sense.

"So, we can stay up here in this big house all by ourselves?" He lays his body on top of hers and leans down to kiss her neck. She turns her head away and closes her eyes as she receives his kiss.

"Yes," she says softly.

"and we could just go from room to room, making love to each other in every space in this house?" He kisses the base of her neck

"Mmm hmmm," she mumbles, her eyes closed. "There are seven bedrooms in this house." 

"Seven?" He stops kissing her and looks up surprised. She opens her eyes and turns her face to him, nodding.  "Well, I didn't mean just the bedrooms of course," he teases making her laugh, her eyes disappearing as she smiles broadly up at him. He kisses the space on her chest where her little silky robe has joined. He leaves his lips pressed there for a long moment as he thinks about what he wants to say. "Sa-rang, what about after?" he asks cautiously. She looks down at him, her smile drops to a faint curve of her lip.

"After this house?"

"After Fiji." He sits up a little, rising above her.

"We both go home, like we planned," she reminds him. He sits up higher, and she pulls her robe closed a little more as she watches him.

"But that was before. This isn't just a holiday romance," he assures her. She looks away, biting her lip, and he notices she looks concerned. He reaches out to take her hand in his as he sits above her. She sighs and turns to him.

"Hyunjin, I admit I wasn't being honest with you when this started, but I was honest about this being only for the week. We can't see each other after this," she reminds him. His brow wrinkles as he tries to understand what she's saying and why she's saying it.

"That was before. We are way past that," he argues dismissing her words. She sits up, holding the duvet over her almost as protection.

"I won't be able to see you again after this Hyunjin. I thought you understood that." He stares back at her blankly, trying to make sense of her words. Why would she say that when they have known every inch of each other's bodies intimately for several days. They've done nothing but spend every moment next to each other, holding each other, being connected to each other. He looks away, the hurt in his expression draws her sympathy. She runs her hand over his shoulder.
"When we go back, I'm not allowed to have more with you, and you know that you are not allowed to have a relationship, with anyone." She says the words and he knows it's true. He realizes that she must know they sign contracts to prevent them from getting involved in anything like a relationship that the press or the fans would find objectionable. But why exactly is she not allowed to see him? He turns to look at her, an idea in his mind.

"Then we won't go back," he says grabbing her hands. She looks at him in shock.

"That's not possible and you know it. Please just let this be what it is." She pulls her hands back from his to be sure he's listening to her.

"What is it?"

"It's temporary. It's fun. It's a distraction," she explains. He shakes his head.

"This is not who I am. I don't have flings. I thought I could try, but it isn't me. I don't just stop feeling connected to someone because I change locations or the week ends or I'm not on vacation anymore," he argues growing agitated.

"The last thing I wanted to do was upset you. That isn't what I'm here for at all," she says putting her head on her hands.

"What do you mean 'here for'? It makes it sound like this is a job or something," he says holding his hands up exasperated. She looks at him quickly, her eyes pop open and he notices that her mood changes. An idea comes to him, a faint and absurd idea begins to flicker in his mind, growing stronger as he looks back at her, recognizing a new look of fear in her eyes. "Sa-rang, Is someone paying you to be here?"