Charade

His expression gives away his shock; his confusion. She looks back at him almost absent of an expression. A blank slate that he is unable to read. He steps towards her, hoping to find her warmth again.

"Sasha, how do you know me?" He puts his arms around her waist trying to reconnect to her.

"Well, it's obvious you were hiding out here. Who comes to Fiji alone? And, you don't look like a Sam," she says, smiling at him, laughing a little. It makes him wonder if she really does know who he is since she seems to have left out the most important detail.

"But do you know what I do? Do you know who I really am?" He studies her reaction closely. She smiles up at him, arching an eyebrow. She wraps her arms over his shoulders, letting her body push against his, beginning to distract him from his path of questions.

"Do I realize you're one of the most talented and sexy men on the planet? Well, yes, that's obvious." She avoids directly answering the question but he smiles at the compliment, blushing a little, and momentarily forgetting to continue this confrontation. She leans up to kiss him, and he sinks into her lips, feeling healed by their warmth. His head spins a little as the blood rushes from it. He pulls back just for a moment.

"So you aren't mad at me for lying?" He lets his hands slip down over the back of her robe, pulling her closer.

"I understand why you would need to, let's just leave it at that shall we? And we can be Sam and Sasha as long as we are here, together." She leans up to kiss him again, slowly letting her tongue peek out and slide over his full bottom lip, teasing him. Her hands slide down his back, stopping at his waist, and touching his skin just above the waistband of his shorts, letting her fingertips dip below it. His eyes close and his head drops back as the blood rushes through his veins at the thrill of her touch. His mind is now too clouded to ask anymore questions.

He should ask, maybe, just a few more, but he can't think of what was so important that he wanted to know in this moment as he feels her robe slip open, pressing her warm skin against him. Her lips finding their way down his neck, towards his chest, her body beginning to lower down as her kisses slide down to his stomach, her fingers now tugging at the fabric of his shorts, pulling them lower down on his hips. There is no thought left in his mind other than her body, her scent, and the image of her mouth being wrapped tightly around parts of him.

***

Hours later, Hyunjin wakes again in this room, in bed next to her, feeling her body nestled within his. He can hear her soft breathing, sleeping peacefully, and he sees the sky outside the window of the room is pink. The sun must be setting. The whole day gone, spent in a haze of bliss, an intoxicating paradise.

He should probably think about asking her a few more questions when she wakes, like maybe how she knew who he was, if she really knew from the very start as she had hinted, or before. He thinks back to that moment he saw her through the window of his villa. Did she see him through the lens and realize right away who he was? Or was it during the chef's tasting? Did she like him before she met him? Is that what she really meant when she said she had 'always wanted' him.

Should he ask her more about this penthouse? Is it really hers? Does she live here? Whose name is 'Kim'? She doesn't look Korean. Her English is perfect and her accent is British. Just for a moment, he wonders if she is married to whoever might live here, to whoever might be Mr. Kim. He looks down at her hand, draped over his bare chest. Her fingers wear no rings, there are no marks of a ring from her tanned skin. A mistress? To a rich and powerful tycoon? He dismisses the thought, knowing she is too young for that sort of life, and she is too accustomed to the luxury to have been newly introduced to this way of living.

She stirs in his arms and he pulls her closer, feeling how warm her skin is against his. He leans down and kisses the top of her head, inhaling the flowery scent of her hair, still perfumed by the jasmine shampoo she used earlier.

She's given him so much of herself in these last few days, every inch of her body to discover and memorize, every adventurous thing he's thought of doing with a woman, eagerly accomplished. Every bit of tender feeling and warm embrace given to him, making him feel powerful, and connected, loved even. Sharing her days and nights, and as much of her as he needs. She's so generous he can't imagine plaguing her with unimportant details. Whatever her truth is, she told him from the start she would be his, for the week, and that is all he should expect from her.

The sun has dipped below the horizon, marking the sky with the last gasp of vibrant hues before the night comes. It's called magic hour; but it only lasts a few minutes before night takes over. Time within it's beauty is short, and it's best to enjoy it in the moment, or miss it, losing it forever. He stares hard at the wisp of orange clouds outside, and he smiles as he closes his eyes on the darkening room. Another day is past, distancing himself from the worries of yesterday. Another day with her, filling all of his needs, illuminating every moment with her glow.

When he falls asleep again, it's because he's fulfilled. He wants for nothing, not food, not drink, not time, not energy, not sex, not love, and not answers. Answers are the end of things. He doesn't need any endings. They missed the sunset. Maybe they can share the sunrise. He lowers his body down, to cradle hers, and he holds onto her tightly, not wanting to let her go.