Chapter 9

Kirishima was still sitting under the same tree after a couple of hours had passed. "He shouldn't be walking around, right? Maybe I can avoid him for the rest of today? Hell, for all I know he's gonna avoid me at all costs." Kirishima thought as he stood up and started walking back to UA.

"Tomorrow's Wednesday right? Maybe I can afford to skip one day. Hopefully nothing happens if I do." Kirishima entered the gates to UA and rushed to his dorm.

Once he reached his dorm, he shut the door and locked it. "Okay. Now how do I avoid Denki for a day? We usually spend almost the whole day together.." He smiled slightly before shaking his head. "No, don't think that way Kirishima! He's your best friend, nothing more dang it!" Kirishima heard a knock at his door after a few minutes.

"Who is it?" Kirishima asked, looking up from his phone.
"It's Mina!" Mina responded. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, go ahead." Kirishima said, setting his phone down. "The door's open, you know this Mina."
Mina opened the door, shutting it and walking over to Kirishima. "I know, but I don't tend to barge in too much."

"That's a bold faced lie if I ever heard one." Kirishima shook his head and laughed a bit.

"I-" Mina acted offended and shook her head, laughing a bit after. "Fine, but still. I have a question for you, Eijirou Kirishima."

"What is it?" Kirishima asked, curious.

"How was the incident at the training grounds?" Mina smirked.

Kirishima was silent for a second before responding. "What incident?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." Mina said sternly. "Answer my question."

Kirishima sighed. "Not letting her know, even if she already does."

"What do you mean by how was it?"

"How did it feel?" Mina wiggled her eyebrows.

Kirishima shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't really feel much of anything. I just apologized to him earlier then went for a walk before coming back."

Mina was silent and nodded. "Oh, alright. I guess I'll leave you alone then. Have a good night Kirishima." Mina said, walking towards the door.

"You to Mina." Kirishima replied, laying down on his bed. Mina walked out of the door, closing it behind her.

"At least she bought it. Now I just have to keep them from worrying tomorrow, but how? If I plan to skip they're obviously gonna be worried." He sighed and closed his eyes. "I'll just say the training tired me out, and I decided to rest."

Kirishima woke up the next morning and groaned tiredly. "I think nature took my thoughts too literally yesterday. I'm exhausted as hell." He sat up and stretched, yawning and grabbing his phone. He checked the time, and it read '12:00 pm'. "Dang I guess did sleep in after all." He scrolled through his notifications and saw messages from Mina, Denki, and Sero.

Denki: 'Hey Kiri! How come you're not here today?' (7:30 am)

Denki: 'Kiri? Are you okay?' (7:45 am)

The last message was only a few minutes after.

Denki: 'I'm guessing you're not coming today.. I'll bring any work you missed.' (8:00 am)

Kirishima sighed and checked the other messages.

Mina: 'Kirishima? You okay? You're not here yet.' (7:15 am)

Mina: 'I'm gonna guess you're not coming?' (7:20 am)

Mina: 'Denki's worried about you, Kirishima. He's gonna bring any work for today. If you're sick, I hope you get better soon!' (8:00 am)

Kirishima sighed once again. "I'm assuming Sero's messages are the same thing?" He read through the messages Sero sent, and his thoughts were right. They were the same as Mina's messages.

After a while he got up and grabbed some sweatpants and a tank top before going to the bathroom to take a shower.

Once he got done showering he changed into the tank top and sweatpants. "Maybe I should tell them I'm just tired from training?" He mumbled to himself as he walked back over to his bed. "Maybe just tell Denki? No, you're trying to avoid him you idiot!" He sighed and glanced over at his door. "Maybe another walk can help?"

He thought for a second before grabbing his phone. "Yeah, a walk could help." He grabbed his ear buds off the nightstand and unlocked the door, leaving and closing the door behind himself.