Chapter 2: Quirk?

After their conversation, Afo had decided to just teleport them to his home. It was much easier than walking, and he didn't want to reveal where he lived to Izuku just yet.

Afo had teleported them inside the home, so Tenko had little to no warning of their arrival.

"AH!" Tenko yelled -somewhat like a girl- but he'd never admit that.

"You need to warn me before you do that." Tenko pouted.

"Tenko." Afo said in a stern voice, which stoped Tenko from doing anything rash. "We have a guest, so I expect you to be behaved."

Tenko perked up at the mention of a guest; they hardly ever had any.

"Izuku, meet my son, Tenko." Afo waved his hand towards Tenko. Then, a green head of hair popped out from behind Afo.

"H- hi." The younger boy greeted.

"Hi. So, you're the guest. What're you doing here?" Tenko asked nonchalantly, trying to act calm and cool.

"I-" the green haired boy was interrupted by Afo, "Tenko, how about we talk for a moment." Afo motioned his hand towards his office.

"Alright..." Tenko said suspiciously. What was dad up to?

Once they were both in the office, and Afo was sure Izuku wasn't listening, he started. "Izuku will be your new brother."

Tenko stood there for a moment, not quite processing what was just said. Then, "WHAT?!"

Afo wasn't sure if he was surprised, angry, or excited. Or maybe a little bit of them all. Tenko wasn't quite sure either.

"I- he- What?!" Tenko stammered.

"You heard me correctly. You needed a friend around your age, and having a brother is even better. I see this as an absolute win."

Tenko was silent for a moment, but he had to agree. Having a brother would be pretty cool... "Fine."

"Great. I'll have sandwiches made for the two of you and you can get to know each other." Afo actually seemed excited for the recent events.

Everything was coming together nicely.

•••

Izuku stood in the house, not sure what to do. This was his new home right? He should be able to walk around... but fa- master (Izuku wasn't quite sure what to call him yet) seemed strict and wouldn't want him just walking around.

But that didn't stop Izuku from looking around.

He noticed a living room that was cluttered with chip bags and blankets, with the TV on showing some sort of driving game. The other boy, Tenko, must have been playing before they arrived.

Across from the living room was the kitchen. It was spotless. Izuku wondered if master was married. Would Izuku have a new mom too?

Izuku didn't want to think about that. His actual mother must be worried sick about him... but she'll be fine eventually.

•••

"I'm not fine! He should be home by now! He always gets home at the same time!" Inko yelled into the phone.

Izuku was never late, and if he was, it was by twenty minutes at most. He was late by three hours. This wasn't normal.

"Ma'am, I'm sure he's fine. If something did happen, a hero would have saved him. I'm sure he's at their agency or another police station. I can assure you he's not here." The police officer droned on.