Chapter 10: Entrance Exam

The next two weeks of training were interesting, to say the least. Izuku has learned a few things about One for All.

It didn't enhance his metal quirk, like he'd thought, but rather his original quirk.

There were some good and bad things to this. He could stay in one half for quite a while, before the other wanted some time. That was the good news.

The bad news though... Izuku was starting to forget his other half's memories. He thinks they're starting to become more separate, truly becoming two different people.

He could look at this as an advantage though. As long as he writes down about his day, (not a diary) he can give the information to Tenko or his dad, and read it himself to fill in the blanks.

Izuku now knew One for All worked like any other quirk too. He could only use it in his first half. It was almost ironic, he had All Might's quirk in one half, and his father's in the other.

Izuku has learned how to use his quirk the past two weeks as well. Gran Torino helped, and it was obvious he was a better teacher than All Might.

Izuku already had a new style called 'full cowl'. It was a different way to use the power compared to All Might. Just two days of training showed him he couldn't use it like his mentor. It was too powerful. Full cowl spread out that power, and allowed him to use a certain amount of it. It worked much better.

So, with only his two weeks of training, Izuku stood in front of UA, prepared to ace the tests.

•••

"For you recommended students, all you have to do for the exam is a 1 kilometer race! Pretty easy huh? Well not really! You have to make it in a certain amount of time!" Present mic, who was the teacher, informed the group.

Still seems pretty easy. Izuku thought to himself.

"3!" Present Mic started to count down.

Izuku took a deep breath, readying himself.

"2!"

Izuku powered up his quirk, causing strands of golden lighting to whiz around him, catching the attention of his competitors.

(I didn't draw this, just edited it. I accidentally edited an image to look similar to this, and liked the concept lol)

"1, GO!!!" Present Mic yelled.

Izuku dashed forward, leaving his fellow recommended students in the dust. In just under a minute Izuku arrived at the finish line.

A few moments later the others arrived. They had lost time due to their distracted-ness, giving Izuku an advantage. Izuku definitely passed the test, maybe even getting bonus points for his speed.

"That's a new record!" Present Mic announced excitedly. Izuku's eyes widened. He didn't think he ran that fast.

A boy with red and white hair scoffed at the announcement, and walked back inside the school. What's his problem? Izuku wondered.

•••

Izuku passed the writing exam with nearly 100%, and passed the entrance exam with a new record. In other words, he made it in. He hasn't actually gotten accepted yet, but it was obvious he would be.

Nothing can ruin me day! Izuku thought to himself with a smile. And of course, he jinxed it. He ended up tripping on his shoe laces.

On his way down, Izuku thought, Just great. There's no hope for me now.

But fortunately, he was saved.

Just before he face planted, Izuku stopped mid-air. "What...?" Izuku asked himself. How was he floating? But then he was turned vertical, and was touching the ground once again.

"Sorry to use my quirk on you! But you looked so happy! I didn't want your day to be ruined." A bright voice said to the right of him. Izuku turned towards the voice, spotting a happy brown haired girl.

"U- uh- t- thanks." Izuku was able to stutter out. I'm talking to a girl! He thought excitedly. Yes, Izuku went to school last year so he would be used to being around people, but that didn't mean he ever had actual conversations with girls.

"No problem! Ochako Uraraka." The girl held out her hand, except for her pinky; reminding Izuku of his brother.

Izuku shook her hand lightly. "Iz- Kiyokan Shimura." He replied with a smile.

"I'm guessing you passed the entrance exam?" She asked.

"How did you-?"

"You were smiling! Something good had to have happened. And considering where we are, I'd say it's because you passed the tests!" Uraraka said happily.

She's so bright.

Izuku laughed nervously. "Y- yep! You guessed it. Did you take the exams too?" She looked to be about the same age as him. It would make sense if she were here for that too. And getting a better look at her... she seemed to have a few cuts and bruises on her. What did they do in the normal exam?! Izuku wondered.

"Yeah!" Uraraka's mood suddenly fell. "I'm not sure if I passed though..." She looked down at the ground.

"Your quirk has to do something with floating things right? I'm sure you did great with an amazing quirk like that!"

Uraraka looked back up, hope in her eyes. "You really think so?"

"Yeah!" Izuku answered happily. Uraraka smiled back at him.

"Here, have my number so we can tell each other if we passed!" Uraraka grabbed her phone out of her pocket. Izuku did the same. They exchanged numbers, eventually said their goodbyes, and then left for their homes.

While Izuku was walking back, he realized, Did I just make a friend?!

Maybe nothing really can ruin this day!

•••

The man watched from the shadows as Shimura walked away from the school.

So he passed? That's good. He'll get some good experience from a hero school.

Too bad he won't get to graduate though.

•••

Yay Izuku had actually friends now :D

Let's hope he doesn't ruin it.

So anyway, how's everyone doing? Good, I hope! I had some self control yesterday and didn't post; I know, surprising.

Uhh idk what else to say so have a great day and don't forget to comment/vote!❤️