Chapter 15: Rankings

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed.

"That's not fair!" Uraraka yelled.

Aizawa glared at her. "Are natural disasters fair? Are villains attacking fair? Life is often not fair, and if you want to be a hero, you need to get used to it."

He then looked at the whole class. "Let's get started."

And so, they started quirk training.

•••

After Kiyokan showed his power, he realized his mistake. He shouldn't show off his skills. He'll just stand out more, which is not what he wants.

So for the rest of the tests, he held back; trying to be more average. Which didn't go unnoticed by his teacher, Aizawa.

They came to the ball throw again, and Kiyokan assumed he wouldn't have to take it; since he did it at the beginning.

But to his surprise, when everyone was done, Aizawa called him up.

"But I already did it?" Kiyokan questioned.

"Just do it again." Aizawa ordered, handing him a softball.

Kiyokan shrugged. He'll do it again, maybe a little weaker than last time. He charged up One for All, his body glowing and sparkling, and threw the ball.

It fell not far in front of him.

"Huh?!" He exclaimed. What happened?

He then noticed that he wasn't powered up anymore. He looked towards his teacher for an explanation, and was met with glowing red eyes.

Then, it clicked. He's Eraserhead! The Underground Erasure Hero!!

"After the first test, I noticed you held back on the others. Do you think that just using half your power will get you through? I asked you to do your best. I could expel you right now." Aizawa said, clearly upset. Kiyokan didn't think it was that noticeable. He still did well on each assessment.

"I- uh-" he tried to explain his actions.

"Throw the ball using all your power. I don't want you holding back ever again. If you do, you'll be expelled." Aizawa said, returning Kiyokan's quirk.

He nodded nervously, understanding the consequences.

Kiyokan charged up full cowling, letting One for All coarse through his body. He went to the highest percentage he could handle, 25%. Earlier he only used about 10-15%. The ball should go much farther this time.

Kiyokan also felt for any metal in the ball. He'll use his metal quirk to push the ball away from himself, which should make it go farther as well.

He breathed out, and threw the ball into oblivion. An even bigger shockwave came from this throw, causing a couple students to step back and cover their eyes.

They waited for the dust to settle once again, and looked towards Aizawa to see the results.

He held up the device, and it read...

1348 meters. (I really used google maps to see how far that is 😂)

"Woah!!"

"How?!"

"What?! That's even better than before! I'll kill you, you bastard!" Aizawa wrapped his scarf around that one.

Aizawa smiled at the results. "You'll never hold back again, understand?" Aizawa asked sternly, but still showing his own form of happiness.