Chapter 7: Unexpected Encounter

A few months later...
•••

Izuku was thrown to the ground, the air escaping his lungs. He didn't recover quick enough, because a kick was sent to his side, sending him across the room. He only squeaked, for he hadn't recovered from the previous attack.

"Time...out" he wheezed.

"Seriously?" Tenko asked incredulously, standing above his brother. Izuku threw him a glare of annoyance.

Tenko put his arms up in surrender, "Okay, okay, time out." He reluctantly agreed.

Izuku slowly sat up, wincing at his aching side. "Could you have kicked me any harder?" Izuku asked with clear sarcasm in his voice.

Tenko put his hand to his chin, thinking. "Hm... probably." He decided, smiling like an idiot. Izuku wished he had something in his hand, so he could throw it at his brother.

"Help me up, idiot." Izuku lifted his hand up, reaching for his brother.

"Aw, that's no way to talk to your brother." Tenko complained, but helped his brother up anyways; using only four fingers of course.

That reminded Izuku of something, "Hey, have you figured out how to control your quirk more?"

"Yep." Tenko replied with a grin.

"Really?!" Izuku's eyes lit up with excitement, "Like what?"

"Well," Tenko walked up to a punching bag, touching it with all five fingers.

"Wait!" Izuku exclaimed. "Those are
expen-!" he stopped, noticing it hasn't decayed yet, "-sive." He finished, but with a more confused tone.

Izuku's eyes lit up in realization, "No way!! That's awesome, Tenko!" Izuku cheered.

"I know." Tenko said smugly.

Izuku ignored the comment, and started thinking.

That's like a whole new level! Maybe he'll eventually be able to decay only using one finger! That would be incredible. Or if he could control the decay, making it stop at certain points, or continuing on for extremely far distances. That could be catastrophic! But cool... Or-

"Izuku!" Tenko snapped Izuku from his thoughts.

"Oh- did I say that out loud...?" Izuku questioned.

Tenko sighed. "Yes. I thought dad was able to get you to stop your mumbling?"

Izuku rubbed the back of his neck. "For my second half... My first still has that habit." Izuku laughed nervously.

"Oh. Well when you're strategizing don't use your first half. Mumbling-" Tenko started,

"Is fatal in battle if someone overhears. Yeah, yeah, I know." Izuku finished.

Tenko laughed at his little brother. "You're weird, you know that?"

"Not as weird as you." Izuku mumbled.

"What was that?" Tenko asked, while he walked towards the door out of the training room.

"Oh nothing. Just about how 'great' you are." Izuku said sarcastically, as he headed to the door too.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Tenko said, chuckling.

(I really love writing their banter XD)
•••

Izuku walked along the sidewalk, taking an 'evening stroll', as dad liked to call it.

He had his disguise on, so he wouldn't be recognized in public. His hair was dyed black, he put make up over his freckles, and had contacts on. He couldn't look any plainer.