Chapter 3: Training

6 months later...
Izuku- 8 (he doesn't look like the picture above lol)
Tenko- 13
•••

After six months, Afo finally has an idea of what Izuku's quirk is. He just needs to do a little experiment.

Afo walked to Izuku's room (he got one a few days after he first arrived) and knocked on the door. "Izuku?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I know what your quirk is." The door instantly opened to show Izuku with bed head and surprisingly; not hero pajamas.

Afo rose an eyebrow at the choice of pajamas. Izuku noticed and looked down at himself.

"Oh- um- I don't- I don't think I like heroes anymore." Izuku stuttered.

"Oh? Good."

Afo turned around and walked towards the lab, leaving a bewildered Izuku.

"G-good? What do you mean good?!" Izuku yelled after his father.

Afo just ignored him, and walked into the lab. Izuku followed suit, and sat on one of the tables.

"Alright. This shouldn't hurt. All I'm going to do is activate your quirk. If there is no physical change, tell me if you feel different." Afo instructed. Izuku just nodded his head in understanding.

Afo activated his own quirk, touched Izuku's shoulder and then... nothing.

"Do you feel different Izuku?"

"No." Izuku said with a bit of attitude. Afo just raised his eyebrow at the tone.

Afo touched Izuku's shoulder again, and asked if he felt different.

"No." Izuku said meekly, looking down at the ground, defeated.

Afo noticed the mood change. He used the quirk activator again and asked if he felt different.

"No. This is dumb. I told you I don't have a quirk!" Izuku said with anger as he crossed his arms.

Then it clicked. Ah. That's what it is.

"No, you do have a quirk." Afo told the pouting boy. Izuku looked expectantly at Afo, waiting for more information.

"I'll call it... double? No, maybe... multi. Or maybe split?"

"What?" Izuku asked, completely confused.

Afo chuckled at his son's slow to understanding. "Basically, you have two personalities. The question is, how separate are they? Do you have the same memories, or separate ones." Afo had an idea, "If I gave you a quirk... and then switched to your other half, would you still have that quirk?" Afo asked himself.

"How am I supposed to know?" Izuku asked, with an attitude once again.

"I'm not sure I like this half." Afo said with a smirk.

"That's not my problem!" Izuku said, throwing his arms in the air. Afo just chuckled.

Afo touched his son's shoulder once again, and he switched to the more timid version of himself.