Chapter 9: Toshinori Yagi

It has been two months since Izuku started training. And two months since he's talked to dad. Tenko says he's dealing with business; but Izuku knows he must be scheming once again.

Tenko has also been gone every once in a while. He's been more stressed too. It makes Izuku's own mood fall.

And even worse, he still hasn't told anyone about his training with All Might. Izuku isn't sure why, but he just hasn't. Maybe he doesn't want to upset his father, or make anyone mad.

He thinks it's a good idea, but sometimes his ideas... could be better.

In the last two months, Izuku has nearly cleared the whole beach of trash. He's used his metal quirk, and plain old muscle. It's exhausting, but worth it. The view gets better by the day. And today, by sunset, he should be completely done. Just two weeks from the Recommendation Entrance exam.

Izuku silently left his home, making sure to close the door without a sound. He wouldn't call it 'sneaking out'; he's just training. He's leaving for a good reason.

Izuku soon arrived at the beach, just before sunset. He looked over at the few mountains of trash left, and then to the sea. Once all the garbage was gone, this place would be beautiful; not that it isn't already. The beach looks 10x better than before. You can actually see the deep blue waves crashing into the sand.

"It's a great view, isn't it?"

Izuku whirled around, instantly getting in a defensive position. Upon seeing it was just All Might, he relaxed.

"A little jumpy are we?" All Might questioned, while slightly laughing.

Izuku just ignored him, and answered his first question. "Yeah. Once all that is gone," Izuku motioned to the piles of trash, "it'll be even better."

"Yes, it will be. I can't believe the progress you've made young Shimura. It's truly incredible. You've trained your body and quirk, while cleaning up this beach."

"Yeah." Izuku sighed, taking one last glance at the horizon. Then, he got to work.

•••

Just as he thought, a few minutes before sunset, Izuku finished. He plopped down onto the white sand, looking out to the sky.

The reds and yellows were beautiful, reflecting off the ocean. It was a rainbow of colors. The waves quietly crashed against the beach, causing a soothing sound.

Izuku looked at his work, seeing not a speck of trash on the pristine beach.

"Amazing job, young Shimura." All Might sat down next to Izuku, looking out at the sea as well. Izuku didn't even really care that All Might was right there. He had gotten used to being around the man. And he wouldn't admit it, but his hatred for him slowly dwindled. It would never truly go away though. What All Might did to his father was unforgivable.

"It's time I give you my quirk... and explain something to you."

Izuku looked at his mentor, confused.

All Might sighed, and then smoke started to form around him. All Might then started to... deflate? Until he was just a skeleton looking man.

Izuku's eyes widened. Is that still All Might?! It can't be... but the resemblance is still there. The hair, eye color, height. It's All Might, just shrunken down. Izuku realized.

"Woah..." he whispered. Then, he started muttering.

"That's actually smart. No one would recognize you in this form unless they were really looking. So does that make your quirk a mutation type? That totally changes the view on your quirk. If I used it, would my muscles swell up too? That explains all this training..." Izuku came to a stop, looking at All Might, who was smirking.