[18] - "𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴"

VISION WAS THE PERFECT WINGMAN. Who knew a synthezoid could know so much about preparing for a night out? Y/N should pretty much be thanking Tony for integrating J.A.R.V.I.S and his database into him.

Y/N tried to keep it a secret from the rest of the team, but they found out anyway. Once Sam got word of it, it spread to everybody else.

Y/N was surely going to get back at him and tell the story of how a shrinking man got the best of Falcon last week.

Wanda wore a black top with jeans along with a read sweater. She wanted to bring her leather jacket instead, but it was still scuffed from yesterday's mission. Y/N wore a plaid shirt with ash-colored pants. It was something he wasn't used to wearing, but it looked good on him.

The two had left the facility with Y/N driving to Manhattan. Wanda offered to fly him there, but Y/N declined. He joked that hopefully soon he can develop flying abilities, or at least have Tony build him a suit.

The pair made it to Central Park. They walked through the winding paths, passing by joggers and bicyclists. They saw other couples and families spending time with one another, they even spotted the occasional influencer recording from his camera.

To their surprise, not many people recognized the two Avengers. There was a couple people here and there, but all in all they were left alone, which they appreciated.

This was Wanda's first time experiencing the city. She took in the fresh breeze and the sounds in the park. In Y/N's case, he hasn't gone to Central Park since before the Chitauri invasion. It was nice seeing people up and enjoying their day when not being threatened by aliens.

After walking for some time, the two sat on the lawn beneath the sun. They looked on at the people walking across the bridge in front of them.

"It's nice, you know?" Y/N spoke.

Wanda turned to him, sitting in a cross-legged position, "What?"

"Seeing all this. People enjoying life." He paused for a moment, "I feel like it makes it worth it."

Wanda understood him. She knew how selfless he was. Y/N does what he does because he wants the people who aren't able to do what they do to be happy.

"I'd like to think that too." Wanda looked down at her hands, "Back in Sokovia, things weren't like this. Everyday there'd be a gunfight outside. It seemed as if war was never going to end."

Y/N looked over at the witch, feeling sympathy.

"My parents were killed in an air raid when I was 10. Pietro and I were the only survivors. We hid under our bed for two days, waiting to die."

Y/N heard this, and scooted closer to Wanda. He made sure she was comfortable before putting an arm around her.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. Nobody at that age should."

The young man looked down, and thought about his parents. "I lost my parents too when I was young. In the blink of an eye, they were gone. Terrorist bombing."

Wanda remembered seeing that tragedy play out in Y/N's head when she mentally-manipulated him, back when they were adversaries in South Africa. She didn't want to act like it was new information to her.