Chapter 11

Raeburn chose his way of life, while Sahara chose hers. And once again, love was beaten for their differences stemmed right from the very crux of who they were as individuals. While she couldn't give up on her identity, he couldn't give up on his beliefs. Someday ... She hoped, until one not so fine day came the moment of truth – while her love for him was unconditional, his came with a set of conditions that would destroy her right from the foundation to rebuild a whole new persona, that wasn't even half as good as her real self.

For a moment, Sahara considered sacrificing her individuality for the sake of love. Then again, Camila's words echoed in her ears – "If you turn yourself into someone you're not, for him, you'll never be as good as someone who, by default, is the way he wants you to be."

Camila always had her back. She'd never get tired of giving her pep talks despite the number of times Sahara would do the exact opposite of what Camila tells her to. Camila found something off about him since day one. However, she'd be nice to him, only because she knew how much he meant to Sahara. Now, that it was over, Camila had a whole break-up party planned out for her. It wasn't exactly a break-up, for their relationship had no label beyond best friends. But there's a fine line between a best friend and a boyfriend. It took her almost two years to realize that she was giving him boyfriend benefits without him being her boyfriend.

She did respect the fact that despite everything else – him crossing boundaries and breaking into her comfort zone, he never tried to touch her, not even once. Yet, she was drained – emotionally. She knew her emotions were a tunnel, through which, if she went all the way, she would get to the light at the end. The question was how long it would take her. The last time she lost a best friend, it took her several years to recover from the chasm in her chest. Raeburn wasn't just her best friend. He played the role of a parent, a sibling, a spouse, a mentor, a therapist and what not. And nothing in the world could ever replace that. It would probably take her decades to make her way through the tunnel. It did hurt. But it was high time she brought things under control and for once prioritize herself over him. And that's exactly what she did. 

Do vote if you like this chapter. 

'Faye'rytaleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें