Chapter 20

A month after the Tsunami Festival, it was Halloween.

Harley Quinn, Moaning Myrtle and the Nun roamed the place eating chips and drinking coke. It took Raeburn by surprise that these characters were still popular. As they walked past a spooky signboard labelled 'ENTER IF YOU DARE, FOOLISH MORTALS', it was a eureka moment for Raeburn. If only he could recreate that moment from the past, there is a slight possibility that Athena might remember him.

"Let's go in.", said Raeburn.

"It is going to be crowded in there.", said Athena.

"It will be fun. Come!", said Raeburn opening a massive door leading to a dark and narrow alleyway. Athena found Raeburn opening doors for her cute. Chivalry wasn't dead, after all.

The eerie music, the fake cobwebs, the flickering lights, the spine-tingling shadows, and the blood-curdling screams – the atmosphere was perfectly simulated. The creepy costumes of people added to the horror. Athena pretended to be unflinched though her heart was racing fast. Suddenly, Raeburn said 'AHH BOO!' from behind to which the fuchsia-eyed girl had a mini cardiac arrest. She froze there in the middle of the alley as people walked past. A pounding pain took possession of her right temple and a blackness swept over her being. She squeezed her eyes shut and kneaded her forehead. After what felt like an eternity, she opened her eyes. As she looked into his dark earnest eyes, everything came back in flashes.

"You're still the same old girl. You just got fuchsiaed.", said Raeburn.

In that moment, as Cupid shot an arrow through his heart, time stood still. And the energy of their tale vibrated in the cosmos long after they were gone.

Do vote if you like this chapter.