Chapter 21

"You are a complicated pair.", said the psychic woman in a black silk robe.

A large crystal ball stood on the teapoy. The fireplace was lit up. The dark room had the fragrance of incense, which Athena was allergic to. Her sensitivity to smells would make her sneeze like a bat out of hell. But this smell helped calm her nerves. Raeburn hardly believed in these sorts of pseudoscience. He couldn't believe that these kinds of fraudulent people got away even a thousand years in the future. He was there only because Athena wanted to do it.

"You have gone through a lot in life. Haven't you, son?", asked the woman.

Raeburn remained silent. Everyone has problems. It wasn't her extra sensory perception for sure. He yawns, clearly uninterested in the made-up stuff.

"But you, you have got a lot to be grateful for. Nevertheless, you've had fluctuations. Something has hurt you so much that you changed into a completely different person.", said the woman pointing at Athena.

The woman was right. Athena had hope that she would help them figure it all out.

"You both can't be together ..."

The pause multiplied Athena's heartbeats.

"Unless you heal individually 'cause you are twin flames. You are a single soul that got ripped apart into different bodies. Twin flames bond over shared pain or some kind of difficulty. You tend to be on-again-off-again, intensely passionate, and sometimes extremely painful. Neither of you will feel complete without the other. But if one of you doesn't heal, the other half feels the pain, thus affecting the relationship."

Athena sighed in relief. That would be easy-peasy. She would do anything to heal herself if that would let her be with him.

"Then again, there's something about you two that tell me otherwise. You have immense understanding between yourselves. You accept each other despite the flaws and believe in the other person even when no one else does, which brings me to the conclusion that you might be soulmates, not twin flames."

The woman sits in deep thought, her hand on her chin.

"He has helped heal you.", said the woman.

It wasn't a question but a statement. And she was right again. Raeburn was surprised to see Athena, who was a logical person otherwise, listen to her in utmost curiosity. She was attentive to every word the woman said.

"Or you could be a rare case of twin flames, who are also soulmates. Fate can only bring you together. It's up to you to make it work. But if you do make it work, dears, trust me, it'd be worth it."

The psychic reader gazed into the rose quartz crystal ball to access Athena's past. The glow of the ball intrigued Athena. The woman was stunned.

"You don't belong here. Do you?"

The question, aimed at Raeburn, took him aback. Now, it seemed a bit convincing. Still, she didn't have any details.

"You are part of her past life. You are here as well. But this is not your rebirth.", said the woman unbelievingly.

Do vote if you like this chapter.