Chapter 2- Contradictory

A day after the meeting, you woke up early to stock up on infirmary materials

A day after the meeting, you woke up early to stock up on infirmary materials. You wore your training suit because you wanted to jog all the way to the infirmary as a morning exercise. You were crossing the outdoor training area when you noticed a lone figure leaning back against a pile of hay used as dummies for blade practices. You slowed down and halted when you realized it was a figure familiar to you. So familiar, in fact, you saw it walking out of the room just yesterday after rejecting you from joining the mission.

You've been mulling over the reason why he is so adamant on not letting you join the mission to Wall Maria. You tried to make up an explanation, a reason. He's always been a bit protective of you. He's pretty much protective of everyone under him. But recently, he's close to locking you in a room just so you can't join missions outside. You deduced it's because he does not want to be responsible when you die, because he's the one who invited you to join the Scouts.

Well, his conscience be damned. He invited me, but I'm the one who accepted the offer. I'm responsible for my own goddamn decisions. You thought to yourself as you walked up to your former squad captain. "Hey, Levi. You have some explaining to do." You greeted him as you took the spot next to him and leaned back on the haystack.

He craned his neck to look at you but didn't say anything. You could still feel him staring at you while you watched the horizon. The sun is just beginning to rise showing specks of light breaking through the night sky. You couldn't handle the gloomy silence anymore and decided to break it. "Well, why is it that you refuse to let me join the Wall Maria expedition?" You asked and turned your head to look at him.

He turned his head forward and closed his eyes. "Not now, (y/n)." He replied. His voice barely audible. "Just go do your work. Don't slack off." This freaking jerk. Me? Slack off? He's the one sitting here and having a pretty chill time. You thought to yourself, gawking at Levi's audacity. But this is how he normally is. This type of Levi you can deal with. Flat, strict, with a holier-than-thou attitude. Not the temperamental and emotional Levi yesterday. "I'll be doing my job if you let me in on the Wall Maria expedition." You replied back raising a thin eyebrow at him.

He turned his head to look back at you and you saw something flash in his eyes. Levi clenched his jaw and you saw the muscle there twitch. You started to feel a bit nervous to say your next words, afraid that that'll make him snap. "But it doesn't matter what you think. Erwin agreed that I'm the best person for the task. So, I'll be going with you to-" You didn't get to finish your sentence because Levi already stood up and started walking away. "What the fuck? Again?! You're walking away again?!" You screamed at his back. "Oh, to hell with this." You said and decided to follow him.

You noticed that Levi seemed to be walking towards Erwin's office. Is he going to convince Erwin not to let me go to Wall Maria with them? Oh, hell no. This is my job. The job I decided to live and die for. If I can't do this then what is my purpose? For what do I continue to live for? You angrily thought as you jogged up to get to Levi. Levi opened the door to Erwin's office and just as you managed to catch up to him, he slammed the door on your face. You knocked on the door and tried to open in, it was locked. Fuck. You thought to yourself. This damn bastard.

-ERWIN'S OFFICE-

Levi leaned on the door hearing (y/n) knocking and muttering curses at him before shuffling away to go to the infirmary. He crossed his arms in front of him and stared the man sitting at the table across the room. Erwin sighed and placed the papers he's been reading down on the table. "What can I do for you, Levi?" He said, fully turning his attention to the man. Sensitive to the tension the man exudes.

Levi glared at Erwin for a moment before answering. His voice not unlike the whispers of death. "You're letting (y/n) join the Wall Maria mission?" Erwin massaged his temple. Of course. Only (y/n) can get Levi this wound up. Erwin thought.

Erwin stood up and turned to the large glass window behind his table. The sun has finally risen showing golden rays of light. "Yes. You know she's the best Scout Medic there is, Levi. And for a mission with as big a scale as this one, we need the best." Erwin gruffly answered. He's had enough with Levi blatantly hindering (y/n)'s missions. He agreed with transferring her to the medic squad after that incident because Levi asked him to do so. But now he doesn't even want (y/n) to do the job he asked her to do? If contradiction was a person, its name would be Levi.

Levi continued to glare at Erwin's back. "You won't change your mind?" He asked Erwin. Barely keeping his temper. He heard Erwin sigh before hearing a soft no. "Tch. Fine." Levi said and turned to open the door. With his hand on the doorknob, he heard Erwin ask, "Will you at least tell me why you don't want (y/n) on the mission?"

Levi paused. "She almost died." He replied softly. Erwin stared at the man's back. He's known Levi for a long time. And although the deaths of the people around him affect him. He's never one to show such emotions. That is, until (y/n) almost died while scouting for new members inside Wall Maria when the titan attack happened several months ago. "And?" Erwin asked, trying to probe Levi to give him a proper reason for his recent behavior.

Levi did not know what to say. All he knows was that the fear he felt, when he heard of the titan attack on Wall Maria where (y/n) was scouting for new members, that heart wrenching panic he felt when he thought (y/n) might be dead, dying, or severely injured. He doesn't want to feel it again. "I don't know." Levi finally said. Erwin nodded in response.

Levi turned the doorknob but stopped. Turning his head a fraction towards Erwin's direction. "Erwin." He called. Erwin sat back down but listened to Levi. "Put her in my team at least." Levi asked before opening the door and leaving.

"Of course." Erwin answered even withLevi gone. As if you'd let me put her on another team away from your sight. Erwinsighed and grabbed the papers he was reading before Levi came in. His daybarely started but he already feels a headache coming.

A/N: Poor Erwin. Your subordinates are a pain in the ass. Lmfao.