Chapter 27- Blood Lines

You were on your way to the medical records room near the infirmary where you place old documents of all medical cases handled by the medics

You were on your way to the medical records room near the infirmary where you place old documents of all medical cases handled by the medics. You sneezed from the dust that accumulated from the piles of paper inside the box you were carrying as you strolled through the corridors.

         Reaching the room, you balanced the box on one knee as you reached out a hand to open the door. You walked inside and jumped when you saw the silhouette of a person pop out from behind a shelf. "Fuck! What the hell are you doing here?" You yelled at the person, placing a palm over your chest in an attempt to calm down your heart.

         "Sorry. I didn't mean to surprise you." You hear a sweet voice say. A familiar sweet voice. You watched as Lizbeth completely walked out from behind the shelf with a document in hand. "I was told to surrender my medical records to the infirmary so I was waiting here." She explained with an innocent smile on her face.

         You frowned as you placed the box on top of a nearby table. "You're supposed to give it to the infirmary. Not the medical records room. Didn't you listen to your senior's instruction?" You scolded her as you started to place the documents on their assigned shelves. You hear the tinkering of laughter behind you as Lizbeth trailed her hand on a desk. You took a sly glance at the documents scattered on top of the desk and caught your name on one of them.

         "Well, I thought medical records should belong in the medical records room. Things should be in their respective..." She paused flicking a finger on the document that held your name. "...places." She continued. She approached you and bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry if I got the instructions mixed up. It won't happen again." Lizbeth said as she gave you a salute and swiftly walked out the room.

         You immediately grabbed the documents on the desk and read through them. It was a record of your health history and past injuries. You frowned. Why the hell would she read my file? You wondered to yourself as you compiled the documents back in order and placed them on a shelf. You expected her to read Levi's health history since she seemed interested in knowing everything about him. But you didn't expect she'd read yours instead.

         You finished organizing the records and dusted yourself off before leaving the room. You just closed the door when you heard a voice hollering your name from across the hall. "Y/N!!!!!!!!" You turned as a body crashed into yours in a big hug.

         "Damnit, Hange. We just saw each other yesterday." You muttered wincing at the pain on your chest. "Yes, but what I have to tell you is important. Now, come on. We have to get Levi. Oh, should we drag Erwin as well? He hates being left out." Hange replied pulling you to the direction of Levi's office.

         You groaned. "I have work to do at the infirmary. Can't this wait?" You complained as Hange tugged and pulled at your arm. "No! This is the result of Moblit's background check and let me tell you, it is quite disturbing." She replied as the both of you turned around the corner, Levi's office not far from sight. "Let your apprentices do the grunt work." She said opening the door to Levi's office without knocking. You sighed.