Chapter 26- Weak Thoughts

A/N: Lizbeth's character and motives will be explained in the chapter after this

A/N: Lizbeth's character and motives will be explained in the chapter after this. Tbh, I think I unintentionally wrote her as a pick me girl. XD

You entered the meeting room after Erwin, Hange strolling in behind you. You saw Levi sitting at the table with his feet propped up on it as he yawned. He turned his gaze to you as soon as you walked in, a soft smile grazing his face. Levi pulled out the seat beside him for you sit on, but you decided to be a tease and choose the seat opposite him instead. This man attracts people left and right and he doesn't even know he does it. You thought to yourself as you smirked at him. Levi frowned.

         Erwin sat at the head of the table with you and Levi on either side of him. Hange went beside you with Moblit standing behind her. Sitting around the table were Miche, Eren, Armin, and a couple other senior soldiers you weren't familiar with. You turned to face Erwin, avoiding Levi's scrutinizing gaze across the table.

         "We've decided on a path to follow on the map found at the basement." Erwin started as everyone focused on the map laid out on the table. "We'll have to prepare for the long travel. Food and water would be the main concern." The Commander continued pointing at spots on the map where the group could replenish stocks.

         "We'd also have to consider that we may come across titans on the way to the island." Erwin continued as everyone pitched in their ideas and concerns. After coming up with a solid plan, the date to be determined, everyone started to file out of the room. You were talking to Hange about the plan as you went out of the room when you felt an arm on your waist.

         You turned your head to the side to see Levi frowning at you. "You didn't even wait for me." He muttered, scowling at you as his hand on your waist tightened and pulled you towards him. You put a palm on your mouth feigning surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you still have people to talk to. You're popular after all." You replied in a sickly-sweet voice to tease him.

         Hange laughed beside you, Moblit trying to stop her from being involved. "Yeah, Levi, it seems like you're famous with the young ones. You already have an admirer pining for you right away." Hange taunted, adding fuel to the fire as you nodded.

         You watched as Levi glared at Hange, his fingers digging into your waist as you gasped. "Geez, it was just a joke Levi. Calm down." You muttered as you swatted his hand. Levi let go of your waist and interlocked his fingers with yours instead. "It's not funny." He complained under his breath. "That girl's eyes creep me out." He continued as your group walked through the halls.

         You glanced at Hange to see if she knows what Levi is talking about. Hange shrugged her shoulders. "What do you mean, Levi?" She asked as the four of you turned around the corner to get to the common hall to eat dinner.

         "That brat was looking at me like those old men in auction halls." Levi explained as his frown deepened. "Like she wants to collect me." He continued opening the doors of the common halls. You furrowed your brows trying to recall if the young cadet looked at Levi the way he described it.

         "Really? I just thought the young lady has a harmless admiration for you." Hange stated voicing out your thoughts. Hange pulled you to a vacant table near the entrance. "Y/N said not to worry unless something actually happens." She said as you sat beside her with Levi on your other side.

         "You're not worried?" Levi whispered squeezing your hand under the table. You smirked at him. "Of course not. She's basically a child. I'm not to be threatened by a cadet." You whispered back, a confident tone to your voice as Levi smirked back at you. "That's my girl." He proudly said.

         You pulled your hand back from his grasp you grabbed your utensils to eat dinner. "And besides, you're a role model for a lot of people. Perhaps she just aspires to be someone like you." You said, taking a bite of bread. "I'm lucky to be with such an amazing person." You told him as you continued to eat your dinner, missing the gentle smile Levi gave you.

         The loud and excited chatter of the group that just entered the hall caught your attention. You hear Levi click his tongue as Hange kicked your shin under the table, nodding her head to point to the entrance.

         You glared at her before turning your head to see the group of recruits from the training grounds this afternoon, a familiar face catching your eye. You saw Cadet Lizbeth talking to another recruit as she entered the hall. She turned her head towards your direction, her eyes immediately focusing on Levi. You frowned.

         You turned back to your food. "Like I said, popular aren't you, Levi?" Hange said from across the table as you took a sip of water. Levi darkly glared at Hange, sipping his tea as he draped his arm across the backrest of your chair in a lounging position.

         You were talking with your friends over dinner when a soft cough broke the conversation. You and Levi turned around to see the group of recruits behind you. "What can we do for you cadets?" Hange, being the more sociable one in the group, asked the young men and women.

         "Lizbeth heard a rumor when she was at Wall Sina. And we were wondering if you could confirm it for us?" A tall light-haired cadet asked as he stood up straight and gave a salute. Hange hummed. "Hmm. What rumor?" She asked the young man as she clasped her hands under her chin and leaned on the table.

         Lizbeth gave a salute as well, an innocent smile on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes. "It's not a rumor but a story should I say. I heard that those with Ackerman blood in them are the strongest soldiers. We were wondering if that is true." She explained, her eyes gazing at Levi with such curiosity.

         "Bullshit. Such weak thoughts." Levi muttered under his breath, his unfiltered sarcasm seeping through each word. "If you believe having a specific blood makes you weak or strong then you don't deserve to be here." He bluntly said to the group of recruits.

         "Well, that's that cadets. Go to your rooms now. You have training early tomorrow." Hange clapped her hands and waved the recruits away. "Understood!" The cadets saluted and started walking away. "You're right. She's unusually interested in you." Hange whispered to Levi from across the table.

         You hear Levi sigh beside you as he set his teacup on the table. "I'm going to sleep." He bluntly said as he stood up. You and Hange said goodnight and turned to each other to gossip about the new recruits. You realized that Levi was still standing beside you so you lifted your head up to face him with your eyebrows raised in question. "What?" You asked him.

         Levi tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean what? You're coming with me." He replied reaching out a hand to caress your cheek. You shook your head, backing away from his touch. "No, I will not. We never just sleep when we're in bed together and I need a good rest tonight."  You said smiling at him.

         Levi lightly glared at you before sighing. "Fine. My head hurts anyway." He muttered before leaning down to kiss you on the forehead. "Goodnight." Levi softly said then turned and walked out of the hall.

         You turned back to Hange to see her whispering with Moblit. The latter nodded and left the table after bidding you a good evening. You raised an eyebrow at Hange. "What was that about?" You asked her as you poured yourself another glass of water. "Oh, I just asked Moblit to do some history on the new recruits." She replied with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

         You chuckled at your friend as you spent the night chatting and laughing before going to bed.

A/N: I will be uploading a new chapter everyday at 12 utc. Unless there will be multiple chapter uploads like today. So, yeah, I'll be uploading the next chapter in a few hours and it'll be NSFW. ;)