Chapter 36- Titan Mania

A/N: Please read the author's note at the end for an announcement

A/N: Please read the author's note at the end for an announcement. :)

"At this point, I'm not even surprised anymore." You murmured, staring at the horses lined up at the grounds. It seems that this time as well, the group will be going on horseback. "I guess you could say I've overcome my fear of riding through repeated exposure."

         "Exposure? To riding horses? Or riding Levi-" Hange was cut off when you aggressively and violently tugged on her tied-up hair. "Y/N! That hurts! Ow. Stop. I'M SORRY." Your friend begged, wincing from her hair being tightly gripped by your hand.

         You smirked and let go as Hange massaged her assaulted scalp while pouting. "Levi is rubbing off on you. You are around him too much. Hang out with me too." She said linking her arms with you pulling you towards the group you were assigned to for this mission. "I chose your squad, didn't I?" You replied.

         Because I can't move freely if I chose Levi's squad. He'll be hovering and fussing over everything I do. You thought to yourself as you felt a heavy stare at the back of your head. "We'll have so much fun! I hope we can encounter some abnormal titans on the way!" Hange said excitedly, pumping her hands in the air wildly. "Captain, please don't wish for that. We want to reach the island alive." You hear Moblit reply in an exhausted tone.

         Turning your head as Hange and Moblit bickered in their usual manner, you met the eyes of Levi who stared at you with a frown. Is he still sulking because I didn't choose his squad? You thought, giving him a wink and a sweet smile. Levi sighed and started to walk towards you.

         "Oh, Levi! Do you miss your future wife already?" Hange taunted, wiggling her eyebrows at Levi as Moblit tried to fix his Captain's disheveled hair. Your arm was grabbed by Levi, pulling your towards him and out of Hange's arm. "This is already pissing me off, Four-eyes. Stop testing my patience." He darkly murmured and turned to Moblit. "You." The poor guy stiffened and gave a firm salute to the famous Ackerman. "If Y/N gets hurt during the travel because your Captain can't keep her mouth shut and distracted her, I'll cut off all your fucking fingers." Levi threatened as he started to pull you away from the group.

         "You can't do that! He can't help me with experiments without his fingers!" Hange complained from behind you as Moblit's complexion paled. You laughed, knowing Levi can't harm the people he respects. Surprisingly, he holds Moblit with high regards for being able to tolerate Hange's weird ideas. "We're going to leave soon, Levi. Where the hell are you taking me?" You asked with a sigh. You knew Levi would put up a fight up to the last minute but you didn't expect he'd try to change your mind just before you leave for the expedition.

         Levi brought you to a secluded corner near the grounds, just behind a stock room. You gasped as Levi pushed you against the wall. His hand gripped your jaw, pushing a finger inside your mouth as he rubbed it over your tongue. "Be good out there, understood?" Levi huskily said pushing his face close to yours, so close you could smell the peppermint tea he drank for breakfast.

         You smirked, lightly biting down on his finger. Levi frowned, pulling out his finger as he replaced it with his lips. You moaned as he bit your lip to get back at you for sinking your teeth on his finger. Levi plunged his tongue inside your mouth as his hand wrapped around your throat. "I said, don't get yourself killed out there." Levi huskily muttered as the two of you separated to catch your breath. "Do you understand?"

         You rolled your eyes at your fiancé. "I'll be fine. Trust me." You replied, giving Levi a quick kiss on the lips as he sighed and dropped his hand from your throat. "I'm already uncomfortable with you going on this mission. And now I can't even watch over you during the travel...." He drifted off, giving you an unamused glare. "Just don't do something stupid that will end up getting you killed."

         You laughed. "Don't worry. I won't." You assured him as you held his hand and walked back to the grounds just in time for Erwin to announce the start of the expedition.

         "Great. An abnormal titan is chasing after us! ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!" You frustratedly screamed at Hange behind you who is having the time of her life running away from a crawling titan. Moblit's expression darkened by the minute as once again, his captain managed to put your lives in danger.

         You urged your horse to go faster, directing it to go towards an abandoned village nearby. "Do you think Timmie would be a great name for-" Hange didn't get to finish her question as the titan lounged forward to bite at her. Hange swiftly avoided the titan's teeth by swiveling the horse to the side. "Oh, he didn't like it. I think Kripke would be a better match for-" Once again, she was cut off by you and Moblit screaming at her to stop and shut up.

         The three of you entered the abandoned village and changed into ODM gear. You flew to a nearby tower to observe the ugly titan below you. Sighing with relief as you realized it isn't one that could jump. "We have to kill it quick and catch up with the rest of the group." You said to Moblit who was standing beside you. It was no use talking to Hange while she is in her titan loving state of mind.

         Moblit nodded flying down on his ODM gear to swiftly kill the titan in one blow as Hange cried out in anguish. "No! Kripke!" She screamed flying down to approach the titan. "Its been so long since I last saw a titan." Hange sulked as you and Moblit sighed.

         The three of you caught up with the tail of the group which is, unfortunately, Levi's squad. You tried to maintain a blank expression under Levi's suspicious and scrutinizing stare. "I miss Kripke already." Hange muttered beside you.  "Hange, shut up." "Captain, please stop." You and Moblit simultaneously said as Levi's glare deepened.

         You sneaked a glance towards Levi to find him already staring at you with a dark glint his eyes. "I'll talk to you later." He mouthed to you as you shivered, knowing he's pissed. If I knew I would end up with Levi's squad anyway, I would have chosen to join him in the beginning. You thought to yourself as the group continued to move towards the first stop of the expedition.

A/N: So, with the last chapter to be uploaded tomorrow, this story will come to an end. 🥺✨

I would like to announce that I will be publishing a new Levi x Reader fanfic. With better plot, storyline, spicier scenes, fluffier content, more angsty interactions, and longer chapters. 🥰

Please follow me if you want to be updated of the release. But I plan to publish the prologue, first, and second chapter on April 19.♥️

Title: To Tame An Ackerman