Chapter 30- Brought to Light (Part 2)

A/N: Welcome to part 2 of pain and agony. :)

Morning came after the Rosewood fiasco and you were at the training grounds hacking up stacks of hay to ease your anger. You heard footsteps from behind you and was ready to lash out thinking it was Levi. You pointed your blade at the person in question and immediately dropped it as soon as you realized it was Hange.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." Hange said with a gentle smile on her face. You dropped your gaze as you turned back to slicing up the haystack in front of you. "I'm sorry as well. I'm still on edge from what happened..." You drifted off as the ache in your chest started creeping up again.

Hange nodded in understanding as she sat down on the ground near you. "I know. I heard from Erwin." She said, watching you as you sliced the bundle of hay in half. "Is anyone hurt?" You asked, genuinely concerned for the safety of everyone in the building. Hange shook her head.

"Do you hate him?" You hear your friend ask as the hot summer wind blew your hair across you face. You wiped your sweat away with the back of your hand as you stabbed the haystack with your blade, leaving it there to sit beside your friend. "Would you hate him if you were me?" You questioned back, tucking your legs underneath you as the both of you basked under the sun.

Hange smiled. "No." She replied bumping her shoulder with yours. "Exactly." You answered with a weak grin. "I'm not shallow. I don't blame him for something his uncle did. It's not his fault." You said grabbing a stray pebble on the ground and throwing it across the field.

You leaned back on your arms and squinted at the sun. "I'm pissed though. I'm angry that he kept it from me all this time. I asked him multiple times, gave him dozens of chances to tell me the truth. But he didn't." You whispered.

Hange rested her chin on her hand as she tilted her head to look at you. "Maybe he's scared that you'll hate him if you knew the truth." She suggested. Turning back to look at your friend, you frowned. "That's the thing. He didn't trust me enough to believe that I won't leave him for something that is out of his control. He didn't believe in me. In us." You muttered with a sigh.

Hange listened as you ranted your thoughts to her. "Did he approach me knowing his uncle killed my family? Did he love me because he felt sorry for leaving me an orphan? I have so many questions I want to ask but when I see his face...I just want to punch it." You paused and leaned your head on Hange's shoulder. "But I also want to kiss him. Mother of titans, what do I do?" You asked no one in particular as your friend laughed at your dilemma.

"Then do both. Punch him then kiss him. You know he'll take everything you give him anyway." Hange replied with a comforting smile. "I know." You whispered as dark clouds covered the sun over your heads. "He loves you, you know? Don't doubt that. He did what he did because he is irrevocably in love with you. That's why he acted so irrationally." You hear Hange say as you stood up and dusted yourself off.