Chapter 31- Memories

A/N: I love y'all so much. <3 Italics are flashbacks from past chapters. 

Levi ran through the halls of the Scout Regiment Base, the place he had come to know as his home. Where he met the people he considers his family. Where he met the person he fell in love with. He ran desperately, the dirt of the pavement soiling his bare feet.

"Levi...there's been an incident." Hange said with a morose expression as Levi opened the door to his room.

Speeding through the lit corridors, Levi bumped into people as he focused on getting to the infirmary. Carelessly shoving strangers away as he tried the keep the overflowing thoughts of your lifeless body from consuming him.

"What... what are you talking about? She's okay. I just talked to her in front of her room. She was fine!" Levi half-screamed in a trembling voice as he recalled your gentle smile telling him to rest and come back to talk later. The door of your room closed in front of his face.

Levi grunted in pain as he slipped and slid down the stairs. Several people came to help him up but he shoved them away and got up by himself. Staggering as he continued to make his way to the infirmary as fast as he could.

"I could only imagine what you would do if another person came and took me away." You muttered trailing your fingers on his bare chest, drawing shapes on his scarred skin. You felt Levi stiffen under your skin. "I'll kill them. Rip their limbs off one by one." He replied darkly. "How about you? What would you do?" He softly asked.

Memories of the two of you lying in bed after he held you flashed in Levi's head. Your soft touch, the taste of your lips on his. Levi gritted his teeth as the thought of never feeling your warm body lying flush against his crushed his heart.

"Hmmm. Me?" You replied. Thinking about what your reaction would be if Levi was taken away by another person leaving you alone. You felt the vibrations of Levi's chuckle as he wrapped you in his arms in a warm embrace. "You'd probably kill the person and then kill me right after." He answered for you.

Levi finally managed to reach the infirmary doors, flinging them open with strength he couldn't control. The room was filled with people who were injured and the people treating them. Levi flinched as he felt a palm clench on his shoulder. He lifted his eyes and saw Erwin with a grim expression. "Where is she?" He shakily asked as his eyes blurred with unshed tears. Levi grabbed Erwin by the collar and roughly shook him as he screamed, not caring that other people were looking at the both of them. "Where is she?!"

You shook your head. "No. I'd go. Somewhere far away. Where you can't reach me." You whispered against his chest, your soft breath brushing his skin. "To a place where you can't find me. I'd leave you." You glanced up at Levi to find him gazing down at you thoughtfully.

Erwin sighed and turned his head to a bed surrounded by Seth and several other medics as they tried to revive the unconscious person lying on it. Levi's hold on Erwin's collar loosened as the hand of the patient dangled off the bed and a blood-stained ring caught Levi's eye. His ring. The ring he gave you when he asked you to marry him.

"I'm not going anywhere." You murmured against his lips. "As long as you don't betray me, I won't leave you." You promised.

"Damn it! Put more pressure on her wound!" Seth yelled at the person in charge of placing bandages over your stab wounds. "She's going to bleed out." Levi's eyes widened as he stalked towards the medics who were trying to save your life. "What are you doing to her? You're killing her!" He lethally said as he lunged at the medics before being blocked by Erwin and Hange who managed to catch up with Levi.

"You knew?" You whispered as your voice shook, your heart breaking at his betrayal. "You knew all along and you didn't tell me?"

Levi remembered how your eyes shone with tears as you realized he kept the secret of your parents' death from you. He stared at Erwin as his hands shook from the fear of losing you. "She can't die." Levi brokenly whispered as Erwin and Hange grabbed him by each arm. "She can't leave me. I can't lose her again."

Erwin felt bad for his friend. A person he considered his brother. A man he admired for being focused, organized, and well-put. The man in front of him is just a shadow of his former self. "The medics are doing their best to save her, Levi. Let them." Erwin said in an attempt to calm down his friend as he fell apart in front of everyone.

Levi angrily pulled his arm away from his friends as he frustratedly screamed. "Their best? That's their best?! Get me someone who's fucking better! They are not doing shit to save-" Levi got cut off as he clenched his jaw and fell to the floor as Hange sent him a strong punch.

"Calm down, you pathetic bastard. Your screaming and swearing doesn't help Y/N." Hange said as she looked down on Levi. "She trained these medics. Thought them herself. If you don't trust them, then trust her." She continued with a weak smile. Offering her hand to pull Levi up which he took with trembling fingers.

The three of them watched as the medics treated and worked around your unconscious body. "I have to save her." Levi whispered, feeling helpless. He did everything he could to protect you yet things still ended up this way. "I know. But there's nothing we can do. It's usually the other way around isn't it?" Hange replied, feeling powerless as well.

Erwin placed a hand on top of their heads to comfort them and keep them grounded. "She's strong. She'll get through this." He murmured with resolve. "We'll get through this." He added as he pulled his friends away from the bustling infirmary and out to the halls. The torches lit along the walls casting shadows over their heads similar to how the news of your accident dawned on them.

A/N: Next chapter in a few hours. :)