Final Chapter- Lifeline

A/N: This is it

A/N: This is it. This is the last chapter. Thank you for sticking with me through this story. :)

After clearing out the stray titans surrounding an old, abandoned castle several hours away from the walls, the group decided to settle down for the night and continue the travel early at dawn. Finishing a piece of bread and some soup, you decided to head to bed early. You were on your way to the room you were going to share with Hange when you were pulled by the arm and tossed inside another person's room.

"I'll be fine. Trust me." Levi murmured in a low tone as he trapped you between the door and his body. "Don't worry." He whispered in your ear, giving it a light nip. "Isn't that what you told me before leaving? So tell me, why the hell were you running around with a fucking titan?"

You turned your head to face Levi who had a dark glare on his face as he leaned his head against your shoulder. "How did you find out?" You carefully asked. Levi sighed, interlocking his finger with yours. "I cornered Four-eyes' assistant a while ago. He spilled everything." He replied pulling you into his embrace.

You placed your palms against his chest and pushed him away slightly. "You didn't cut his fingers off did you?" You asked with a suspecting glare. Levi chuckled as he leaned in to lightly kiss you on the lips. "Do you want me to?" He huskily asked capturing you in a passionate kiss.

Levi pressed his body to yours, pushing your back against the door as his hands made their way to your hips. Feeling bad for worrying him again, you softly bit his lip and slipped your tongue inside his mouth. Levi groaned against your lips, his grip on your waist tightened. "Don't tempt me, Y/N." Levi weakly said as he broke the kiss.

You smirked and wrapped your arms around his neck. "I'm not. I just wanted to say sorry for breaking my promise." You confidently replied giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. You gasped as Levi's fingers on your waist slid down to your thighs, lifting you up as he hooked your legs around his hips. "Right. I have to punish you for that." He replied as he covered your lips with his roughly, pushing you hard against the door.

You moaned into his mouth. "Levi. We're on a mission. Stop." You suggested as you felt his lips travel down to your neck, sucking and biting on it hard to leave a mark. Levi chuckled against your neck as his licked the spot he bit. "I'm not going to fuck you here if that's what you're thinking." He replied. "Unless you want me to."

You frowned and pushed him away, your boots hitting the floor with a thud as you slid off your fiancé. "Jerk." You muttered under your breath as you straightened out your clothes. Levi reached out a hand to your neck, rubbing a thumb across the mark he left. "There you go. A personal collar. That's your punishment for not listening to me." He murmured as your eyes widened at the realization that the mark was in a spot on your neck that cannot be covered by the uniform. "A reminder of who you belong to."

You walked towards the room you shared with Hange, an exhausted look on your face after arguing with Levi. He wanted you to share the room with him instead but you knew you won't be sleeping if he was in the same bed with you. Hange looked up from the document she was reading when you opened the door with a frown.

"Oh, nasty. While we're on a mission? Isn't Levi exhausted?" Hange asked with a grimace as she noticed the blue and red mark on your neck. You glared at your friend and threw your jacket at her. "Its your fucking fault, Hange." You replied as you fell face first into the bed and immediately passed out.

You stared at the clear blue sea as it stretched out into the horizon, blending into the cloudless bright sky above. The sound of excited chattering from the group as they frolicked in the water, playing, laughing, and having fun made you forget the exhaustion of the travel.

You felt someone approach beside you as a cool calloused hand held yours. You smiled. "Its beautiful." You whispered, mesmerized with the view. Levi squeezed your hand. "So are you." He murmured in reply, leaning towards you to give you a kiss on the cheek.

"The world is...so vast." You softly said, turning your head to gaze into the eyes of the person you love and who made you feel loved. "I'm so lucky to find you despite that." You said as you leaned your forehead against his. Levi warmly smiled as the cool air blew his hair across his forehead. "I'll find you. I'll always find you." He replied.

You smiled contentedly, turning your head to watch the ethereal view in front of you as Levi wrapped his arms around your waist, hugging your from behind. The sea sparkled as the sun rose high into the sky. Making the surroundings brighter than you have ever seen. So bright that you had to briefly squint and close your eyes to adjust to it.

Your eyes blinked at the screen.

You gasped while reading the words in front of you, realizing that the story you were reading about was a past life you had with Levi. Memories of Levi kneeling in front of you on the streets as he invited you to join the scouts flashed in your head. How he stubbornly rejected your request to join the Wall Maria mission and how pissed he was to find out you joined anyway. How his lips felt as he kissed you desperately, begging you to stay and be safe.

Your eyes widened as you kept on reading. Remembering how Levi held you for the first time. How he proposed and you accepted. How you almost died and how he cried with relief when you didn't. You felt an ache in your chest, a hollow pain as you recalled how Levi said he loved you.

You stared at the screen. Wishing. Hoping. That it could lead you to where he is in your reality. He is there. Out there in your world. Destiny has its ways. It will always lead you back to him. And he will always find his way back to you. Because he is your lifeline. And you are his.

A/N: Once again, I would like to say thank you for all the support, votes, and amazing comments on this story. I hope to see you all again when To Tame An Ackerman comes out (Also on Ao3)! ILYSM. <3 Feel free to follow (for updates on chapter release) and message (literally anything, I'm bored. Plus points for Levi or Erwin content) me. Let's all be besties. :)

 :)