Prologue

The chatters of people could be heard all around, with both families and friends.

The clicks and clacks of the heels of shoes against the tiled floor, slowly turning silent as it reaches carpeted floors.

The dings of the airport as the speaker announces when an airplane will lift off or leave.

Then there's you...

In the middle, holding your mother's hand as you jump excitedly in your spot.

An ecstatic smile on your face, holding onto both your passport and your visa, ready to go into one of the next planes ready to take off.

"[N/N]..."

Your mother called for you, causing you to look at her from the corner of your eyes, though you ended up turning your whole body in her direction when you saw her [E/C] orbs going glossy.

"Are you sure you want to go?"

Your mother questioned, and you knew that by now, she's holding back tears, sad to see her daughter leave and live in another country without her being by your side.

"Mom...I'm alright see? If you do miss my noisy ass at home, you are free to call me every single night and day to check up on me alright?"

You said with a calm voice, looking at her with eyes as glossy as hers.

You held onto both of her hands, cupping them in your own as a determined face crossed your features.

"Mom! I promise i can take care of myself! If i do need some help, i will ask for it...i promise!"

You said, before you heard a ding, and an announcement from one of the intercoms that made you and your mother perk up a bit to take a listen...

*ding*

"Good afternoon passengers. This is a pre-boarding announcement for flight 79C to Japan. We are now inviting those below the age of 18 and in need of special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes time. Thank you"

After hearing the announcement, a few tears slipped off of the corners of both your's and your mom's eyes.

And immediately, you snapped out of your frozen state and turned to your mother with a confident yet sad smile.

"I guess this is goodbye?"

Before pulling her into a tight hug, to which she returned with an even tighter one.

Letting go of one another, she gave you a quick kiss on the forehead, holding your cheeks in her hand before you kissed her on the cheeks.

"Goodbye little [Y/N]!!"

Your mom said, waving you a goodbye, crystalline tears still falling of her face before you turned to her with a pout, holding onto your luggage and the said boarding pass and identification in your non-dominant hand.

"I'm not a kid mom! But love you anyways!"

And immediately turned around, heaving a deep sigh before puffing your chest out and began walking towards the tunnels to which you leads you to the mentioned name of the plane.

"I love you too..."

Your mother whispered to herself before taking her leave.

~~Back to you~~

As you boarded the tunnel to the airplane, you were met with the wide smile of the flight attendants, them having to ask for your identification and boarding pass before you fully boarded the plane.

"Seat F8....F8...F8...F8...F- Ah there it is!"

You repeated your seat number out loud before finally finding it, going towards it as you placed your bag up in the storage bins above the seats, having the need of assistance from flight attendants as well.

Sitting yourself down onto the chair, you looked out the window with a sigh, pulling out your phone and headphones as you went on to spotify and played [Favorite/Music], humming along with the melody.

As the plane began to take off, you looked out once more, before you pulled out your camera and took a good picture of the scenery.

"Imma brag this to the others when i get back home..."

You mumbled to yourself before smiling and chuckling, hiding the picture and continued listening to the music before another ding was heard in the airplane and this time, the pilots spoke through the intercom.

"Good afternoon passengers. Welcome to flight 79C from [Your/Country] to Japan. We are currently..."

You didn't bother listening as you knew all you had to do was put on your seatbelt while the safety procedures will be dealt with later.

And soon enough, the flight to Japan began.

"Being an exchange student is fun! Sad i had to leave but...this will surely be an experience..."

You whispered to yourself before you closed your eyes and prepared to wake up once you have landed on the said country.

.

.

.

[TO BE CONTINUED...]