Chapter 16

"Let the Trial begin"

"Hm? You seem a bit shocked [Y/N]-chan. Have you not read anything about the 'school's' description?"

Kanroji stated, looking towards you with a worried glance as you only deadpanned before grabbing both of her shoulders.

"Ah, I guess you wouldn't be able to, considering this academy is quite the confidential project. I forgot about that!"

"Where are they taking us ...?!"

You whisper shouted with wide eyes as you shook her shoulders vigorously before she managed to stop you as she grabbed both your biceps and forced you down.

"Since you did say your father once 'studied' here, I don't think revealing 'confidential' matters would be a problem."

She began before you hesistantly began to nod slowly, not knowing what to say to that.

'Confidential? What's the confidentiality for?'

The solid plane beneath soon starting to slow to a stop as the rumble began to calm.

"But before I begin..."

She said before pulling you up and immediately running towards the Kamado siblings' direction.

"...let's walk and talk. We might accidentally be left behind."

~~~

Standing in front of an incredibly tall wall that lead to a dead-end, causing all students to stop in their tracks and wait for further announcements.

"Ahh, so where should I start ...?"

She talked to herself as she closed her eyes and placed her hand underneath her chin in a thinking position.

"This school really isn't a school. It's more of a cover up than anything, to put it in much simpler terms."

You blankly stared at her as she said that. Not understanding one gibberish word that left her mouth.

"In clearer terms, however, the school and all that studying we did above there..."

Pointing towards the top where the level of the floor beneath their feet once stood.

"...is a disguise to hide the true — I guess you could say — identity of the school. There's a reason why you won't see much of a description about this school on websites or medias."

Seeing Tanjiro pop out from behind the pink and green-haired female as his mouth formed an 'o' shape, realizing what you and Mitsuri were talking about.

"That's right! All you would ever really see is the good education this academy gives to students who choose to study here. And how most of the successful people in Japan once became an attendee in this school."

"Then wouldn't that be similar to click baiting of the sort?"

You asked with a tilt of the head. You had a point.

"If the students attend school for good education but end up having to go through whatever's happening here, I would've thought this academy would have had a lower and poorer review."

"It depends if the student, or parent, knows about the secret of the school. If a parent or a student knows about the true inside of this building, they'll be given a chance to choose whether they want to continue down this path, or simply study and have a normal school life."