Chapter 12

"Hanging with the Cats"

"A café?"

You asked with a raised brow as you took a look around yourself for a while.

You wondered, having multiple detours along the way, eating snacks, chasing a rabid animal (*cough* Inosuke *cough*) that you would end up at the springs.

Which brought all your thoughts back to that one time you ended up accepting an offer to the hot springs by your seniors.

Kono and Kanchori? No, Kocho and Kanroji.

"It's been a while since I've taken a drink."

You decided to say as an answer as you were the one being offered to hang out with them after all.

It's only reasonable to accept what place they wanted to bring you to.

"A cat café, to be exact."

Tanjiro included, walking in front of you as Nezuko still continued walk beside you, looking around the place.

In search for the café it seems.

"How long have we been walking for?"

You asked, feeling your legs start to grow numb.

Rubbing your eyes as it started to grow dark.

"Probably...say about an hour or so?"

"An hour??"

You echoed with a higher pitch as you sighed and kept your own complaints to yourself, not wanting to guilt the others.

Most especially when you were the one who kept them waiting in the first place.

"Zenitsu, can you hear the cats meowing?"

"What?"

You asked Tanjiro, despite not being asked the question as you looked towards the blonde-haired male who seemed to have nodded his head in reply.

"What do you mean, hear? I can't hear any animal sound at all."

You said, having to cup your ears to listen for the sounds as Nezuko only chuckled a bit an continued forward.

Whilst answering your unanswered question of course.

"Zenitsu-chan has a great sense of hearing so you most likely wouldn't be able to hear what he can."

Patting your back as you sulk a bit before sighing again.

Before perking up as you heard the sound of meowing.

"I hear cats!"

You said, enthusiastic before you put on a prideful, and rather arrogant smile.

"I have the same hearing as Zenitsu, TAKE THAT!"

"[Y/N]-san..."

Tanjiro called out as he gently grabbed onto your wrist and pulled you into beaming lights.

"We're already here."

~~~

"I had my moment."

Words being mumbled as you leaned the palm of your head against your cheek, squeezing it and preventing your words from coming out as a clear statement.

"Sorry about that."

He apologized with a small smile, but slowly gave a big one as a black cat jumped onto his lap and began massaging his thighs with its front paws.